SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Poll: How many of these crucial seats will GOP win on November 8?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: How many of these crucial seats will GOP win on November 8? Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Here are the critical races as I see them which GOP could pick up, or in the case of OH and PA, win in a very close race where GOP incumbent has retired.
Pickup (I count Alaska because Murkowski)
1. Alaska
2. Arizona
3. Colorado (Yeah, I know, Joe)
4. Georgia
5. Nevada
6. New Hampshire
7. Washington

And these two crucial races
1. Ohio
2. Pennsylvania

Question:
How many of these 9 seats will GOP win this election?

Choices:

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I have no idea. But am praying that somehow Tiffany Smiley can beat the old hag in Wa. State.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
post-RED TSUNAMI Congress:

Senate-54 or 55
House-250+

Many of the “lean-Dem” and “toss-up” races will break Repub, especially when the Independents and Undecideds cast their votes.

Already getting reports that SanFranNan will “retire/resign” after the “Red Wedding Election” on Tuesday, and hand-off seat to daughter. Yes, “Special Election” would be required, but no problem as it is San Francisco.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...mother-Congress.html

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
You forgot an option

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Didn't forget "0".

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I have no idea. But am praying that somehow Tiffany Smiley can beat the old hag in Wa. State.

You and me both but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I think 7 of these 9.

Colorado and Washington for the Demonrats. But, the others the GOP takes.

Seeing Fetterman lose will be particularly pleasant.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I said 8.

Call me a cock-eyed optimist.

Go on, do it.

Posts: 7258 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Isn't Senator Lee's seat In Utah in play between him and a fake conservative that has vowed not to vote with the GOP? I'd think that would also be a very important battle to watch...

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think the beatdown that is coming for the Democrats is going to be even worse than 1994.

I was watching Blue Bloods and Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives last night and this Obama ad must’ve come on about seven times, warning about the end of democracy, the end of the world, if we all don’t vote Democrat. Literally at the end begs people to “vote Democrat!”

Their internal polling must be BAD, and they are in a panic

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer, but it ALL depends on if the Repubs can overcome the cheating. I no longer have faith in a FAIR election. It’s still FREE, however.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn't Senator Lee's seat In Utah in play between him and a fake conservative that has vowed not to vote with the GOP? I'd think that would also be a very important battle to watch...

I didn't include that because McMuffin is going to go down the toilet; and because Lee is the incumbent.
I only included incumbent dems where the R has a good chance to win; or in the case of Ohio and Pennsylvania, the two R incumbents (Portman and Toomey) have retired, and they are very tight races.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

That seat is not in play. Lee will run away with it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^From your lips (or keyboard) to God's ears... Smile

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
All of them, until it's officially declared otherwise.

I'm very optimistic, but now is the time to push for results and keep an eye out for shenanigans rather than count unhatched chickens.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

That seat is not in play. Lee will run away with it.

Good to hear. Senator Cruz has talked about it a couple times in the past 2 weeks or so and I interpreted his words to be a bit more dire.

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The distribution of votes is a lovely bell curve with a slight skew rightward.
Optimistic, but not unrealistic.

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Alaska probably not. With ranked choice voting now, Begich and Palin will split the conservative vote and Peltola will take the seat. She won the special election to finish out Don Young's term with only 37% of the vote. Lots of outside money flowing into her campaign and she is saturating local television and social media.

Senate, Murkowski will probably keep her seat. Again, lots of outside money flowing in. The Republican party did not endorse her, she seems to take pride in being a RINO a nd brags about her ability to, "Work across the aisle."

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

News pukes are saying the hag is up in the polls by portion of one percent, fluctuating day by day.

The Murray campaign is entirely aimed at trashing Smiley. I haven't seen a single ad for Murry that talks about what she's done, because she's done nothing. She does promise not to take orders from Mitch McConnell. She says Smiley will eliminate social security, in fact has promised to do so.

I know nothing of the the inside operations and the reliability of the polls but WA has been in the tank for the GDCs for a long time, no real
bright spots on the west side of the Cascades.

I'm hopeful though. There are signs up for Smiley on my Island Paradise and they've stayed up-unusual.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I predict at best, It will be 51/49 in favor of the GOP.

Most likely it will be 50/50 still, with the GOP winning the House.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post