SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally, a beautiful day
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally, a beautiful day Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Any morning when the day's weather is such that I can open the windows is a good morning.

It's a simple pleasure to enjoy a hot cup of coffee out on my deck, taking in a still morning, with a little bit of fall's crispness in the air.

Good to see you back. V-Tail and I had lunch today and were wondering where you had been. Hope all is well.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
It’s a double edged sword for me. I’ve gotten a little tired of the hot days. It rained a lot today. So it was cool, and wet.

I would really enjoy a day where it’s dry and the temp never tops 80°.

Maybe in late October or November.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

(But I sure rejoice with a lot more enthusiasm when we have a day like today! Cool)

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
The wife, dog and I took the old jeep into the national forest and rode some back roads. Had lunch by a roaring creek and went for a hike down an old gated grown over forest service road. It was in the mid 50's the whole time. 49 when I got up this morning at 6:30.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Any morning when the day's weather is such that I can open the windows is a good morning.

It's a simple pleasure to enjoy a hot cup of coffee out on my deck, taking in a still morning, with a little bit of fall's crispness in the air.

Good to see you back. V-Tail and I had lunch today and were wondering where you had been. Hope all is well.

Hi, Artie! All has been well, dare I say it, all has been truly wonderful. I'll drop you an email. Smile

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning: overcast with a comfortable temperature of 65°F with a high of 72°F. Courtesy of the various wildfires around here, I can still see what I'm breathing, though. Frown

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree. “fall is in the air”. Highs in the low-mid 80s, overnight in the 60s. Low humidity. Better than even a few weeks ago when humidity was still oppressive and heat index was like 110 one day I decided to do some outside work.

Still keeping an eye on hurricane season but seems like we may have dodged a bullet this year. Fingers crossed

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to read Para doesn't like the summer. I guess it is true-different strokes for ....

I love the hot weather, prolly one of the few that didn't overly mind the heat and humidity of SE Asia back when I was a very young soldier. There were some other things I didn't like, but the weather wasn't one of them.

I've been blessed with the option to live pretty much anywhere I want, and continue to pick Florida over the rest of the country.

My wife, on the other hand, is much like Para when it comes to her preferences and she loves our "winters' here.

Me, anytime it gets below, say 70, I am miserable. But I know it'll pass pretty quickly.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

After a very productive monsoon season, including one microburst that snapped 17 wood power poles like matchsticks, we are finally seeing a return to normal weather. The dew point temperature is now, at last, below the monsoon level of 55ᴼ, and our ten day is for bright sunny skies with highs in the low 90s.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Give me "Hoodie Weather" any day. I love fall & winter here in GA.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cooler weather is nice, lower humidity is great but you guys need to reach into your inner feelings,,,, it’s pumpkin spice season your loving!

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post