SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally, a beautiful day
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally, a beautiful day Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Been perfect in Louisville area. August was cooler than usual, too.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've been able to sleep with the window open the last two nights in a row, with temps in the low 50s.

First time I've been able to do so since the early Spring.

I'm loving it. Autumn can't get here fast enough. It's by far my favorite season.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I am in Georgia as well and it is a beautiful day, especially after the crappy weather we got on the holiday weekend. Summer this year was mostly too hot but we had some really nice days as well.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Been a sticky Summer in northern Kentucky so the cool down is welcome. Another nice aspect of the cool temps is nearing the end of bug season. Seen enough of the insect world for a year.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The nicest time of the year around here in the north GA mountains.
Let's hope for a long fall season.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I too detest summer with the heat and humidity, so much so I wonder why I came back down here. Oh wait! I remember, my wife wanted to. I wanted to go west to Montana or Wyoming.

The cool and dry weather is much appreciated.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was a beautiful morning; I woke up.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
"Nice" hasn't hit central Florida yet. Humid as hell and in the mid 90s. Ready for it to be over.

I swear September is the worst month here. It feels hotter than August, if that were possible.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Been nice the last few days over here, too. Not Fall, yet, but cooler and drier. Looking forward to my favorite season.

Q

Posts: 26392 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
We sat outside for lunch today. Truly a nice change from the 100+ days of July and August.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you ArtieS.

The rain every day is crazy. Everything is sticky.

My wife put out “fall” decorations yesteray. I chuckled since it was 94F out. LMAO

I say bring on the colder weather!

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
After a very hot and dry July here in North Texas, August and so far into Sept, it's been very pleasant.

Going against the popular preference I prefer summer to winter. This year was an exception with all of that 100 degree days in July which was a little much. Fall is great and spring is not bad except it's usually humid and stormy. Winter for me is miserable, even in Texas. I have a blood/bone marrow disease that affects me in the cold. No, I'm not a wimp, I grew up in upper Midwest and used to run around in a tee shirt in January and hated anything over 80 degrees. Now, give me temps in the 90's and I'm happy.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Even cooler here, we’re about 100 miles north of you, it was 47 this AM. Love the change!

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I grew up 35 miles from the Gulf coast. I've had three lifetimes of summer.

I'm not talking about the relatively moderate summer of the Northern US. I'm talking about the we-might-as-well-be-in-Ecuador summer of the deep South.

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I grew up 35 miles from the Gulf coast. I've had three lifetimes of summer.

I'm not talking about the relatively moderate summer of the Northern US. I'm talking about the we-might-as-well-be-in-Ecuador summer of the deep South.

Having spent my childhood north of Beaumont, I understand this completely. Near full summers of 100% humidity.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
A beautiful day here as well Para, good to hear it's cooled down there and you got windows open!
High got to 72 and NO RAIN for a change, and only light chance for any all week. This whole summer has been relatively cool and with a lot of rain, AC's only been turned on for a 4-day period and a 2-day mostly to reduce humidity.
Fall in Georgia has to be nice.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nice, glad to hear. It is well know here how I hate summer. I mean a little is ok. Maybe a week or two and then I am completely over it. Bring on Fall then a long, cold, snowy winter. Then I am a happy camper. If I want rain then its W. Wa. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The joke around here is that Fall lasts one week. Well this year it looks like we're being treated to a much longer transition. We had lots of triple digits this summer and the mid 70s - low 80s we're seeing now is a welcome change.

Last year in early September we had a triple digit day followed by snow the next. Yup crazy!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Agree, was 54 degrees on the way to work this morning (Huntsville) love the cool weather!

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Socked in with smoke here for the past few days. 1/4 - 1/2 mile visibility. The upside is that it's kept the temperatures down in the 60s-70s. I'm about done with it though. I could use a good clear crisp fall day right about now.

I, too, hate summer. October/November all year would make me a happy man.

Posts: 20107 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post