SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another trip accross the Rainbow Bridge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another trip accross the Rainbow Bridge Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted
Unfortunately it has come that time for my Brady. We got him at a shelter as he was a stray of 2 years old with Lyme Disease and Heartworm. Our no kill shelter brought him up from southern Illinois and treated him. Wife and I were looking for another dog then he jumped up on the half door when we walked by and he picked us. 12 years later and he must think he hit the lottery as he KNOWS what a good life he has. He had a great life and provided endless love for our family. He had an episode Sunday night where he could not stand, walk, and clearly was not aware of his surroundings. He was a bit better today but we know with his health issues he will not be getting any better. So tonight we are having it done at our house where he knows his surroundings and will have family with him to the end.

I have a serious weakness for dogs. They are much better than humans as they rarely try to screw each other over. I don't cry at many funerals but I will sob uncontrollably over my dog. Always helps posting here for some reason......

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say to help ease the pain, sadly there is nothing. Frown

Claire and I send our thoughts and prayers this evening.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that you are doing this for him. Instead of letting him suffer! Hate that you have to do this, as he is such a beautiful dog. Love means doing what you have to, when you have to. God Bless you.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Brady looks like he's been a good boy and has had a great life thanks to you and your family. Prayers and condolences sent for all of you.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sorry cruiser, Godspeed Brady.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I too have a special place in my ❤ for pup's. When we adopt I think that they know that over the years we share our Hearts until the Bridge comes into focus. Its at that point we look to each other knowing we all loved from the ❤. Sorry for your loss, John.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I truly thank all of you for your comments. I always try to put in a good word when people are going through similar knowing that I will be in their shoes. It really helps to just read the responses and sob for a while. I'm happy to suffer for a while knowing what he gave to us his whole life.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Stay strong knowing you gave each other a great life and now you’re giving him a comforting end. Good dog; good man.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You gave that beautiful dog a second chance and it worked out well ! Sorry for your loss. There is very little that is comparable to the love and loyalty of a dog.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
God Bless all of you! Tears in an old guys eyes reading this......

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry that Brady's health has failed and I know what you're going through cruiser. There is something about our relationship with pets, dogs in particular, that is very special. I suppose that is why it's so difficult. It sounds like Brady couldn't have asked for a better life!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Our Bud, Wendy, Macie, Gretchen, and Jacks will be waiting for Brady to help him cross the bridge.

He will be in good company.

Posts: 3737 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry! I have been there... Hopefully the many good memories you have of sweet Brady will console you a bit. They are family! They fill your heart then take a piece with them when they leave.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss. Shelter dogs seem to know when their new guardian comes by. That happened with our first rescue girl, a Brittany/Golden mix.

We saw the picture and remarked, we've got his sister. The resemble is uncanny. She's also a rescue from Northern Missouri.

The feeling of loss never goes completely away but over time becomes more manageable.

Gifford, Samantha, Gypsy, and Strider will be welcoming him to the fold.

Posts: 782 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Brady can play with Timber and chase cats all day long.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2676 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. Clearly you gave him a great family and loving home.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4526 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Well he is in a better place now. I must say doing the deed at home was almost wonderful compared to going to the vet. He got to stay right on his rug where he spends most of his time and his two male cats and two favorite humans were with him the whole time. The cats were literally at his side the whole time. That kind of surprised me but then again didn't as they were buds. The Vet said he was ready as his BP in his hind legs was very low. He passed peacefully before they had half the shot in him. We are convinced he hung on and perked up today just to give us some quality time with him. It was a nice peaceful day.

Webley, I appreciate the comments about strays and his twin.

I sincerely appreciate all the kind words. Dogs are indeed mans best friend no doubt! He is looking forward to playing with all his new found friends!

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry. We share a lot of the same feeling when it comes to our beloved pets. Tough does not begin to describe what the ends means. I wish you the best. Take it one day at a time.

He is a beautiful boy.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19253 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences. A fine dog!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16125 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of your loss.

You did the kindest thing for Brady. When my cat gave clear signs she wanted an out a couple years ago, we did the same via home visit. Peaceful and painless for them, that's what matters.

Posts: 15037 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post