SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guy1:
My favorite Claussen pickles are never in stock

I've had a problem with that also, the ones I call big assed pickles that almost completely cover a hamburger patty so when they show up, I buy a bunch of them.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Fresh vegetables. There were almost no Fresh Vegetables at the two Wal-Marts stores or Krogers.

Eggs, none at Krogers, only a few at Wal-Mart.

Lately Wal-Mart has had Great Value sardines in water, so I have been stocking up.

Chicken paws are still hard to come by and the have almost doubled in price.

ARman

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Fresh vegetables. There were almost no Fresh Vegetables at the two Wal-Marts stores or Krogers.

Eggs, none at Krogers, only a few at Wal-Mart.

Probably a combination of being closed for Christmas Eve/Christmas (no sense in stocking the shelves with a bunch of extra produce just for it to sit and rot over the weekend), along with the recent winter storm that caused logistical issues across a wide swath of the country.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Ritz mini peanut butter sandwich crackers.
They are Tikki's favorite cockatoo treat.
Haven't been able to find any for months now.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My local Moe's has been out of lettuce for about two weeks, someone is not trying very hard

I get a burrito bowl there about once a week, need that lettuce

I decided to try again, still no lettuce

Next door is a Jersey Mike's that I said I would stop going to about a year and a half ago because of their steep price increases. Signs everywhere "CASH ONLY" no problem

I ordered a salad with roast beef and provolone, as they are ringing it up I pull out one of my mad money $100 bills.

We don't take $100's

Uhhh, ok. BYE!

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?

Eggs.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10892 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I got some pastrami last week for the first time in well over a year.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^That doesn't look like it's gonna last very long... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
T
That's not a pastrami sandwich. THIS is a pastrami sandwich:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
T

Why so much bread? Smile

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Why so much bread? Smile
Reminds me about the guy who was designated to pick up supplies for a camping trip. He took the money that everybody contributed and went to the store. He returned with eight cases of beer and a loaf of bread.

The other guys in the group were not happy; they asked, "EIGHT cases of beer and a loaf of bread? What are we going to do with all that bread?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
DISTILLED WATER! It’s time to change the coolant in my truck, so I’ve got 5 gallons of antifreeze concentrate being delivered today. In the mean time, I figured I’d get the distilled water to flush the old coolant and mix with the concentrate. Not a single gallon to be found.

Taking Para’s ammo buying advice and applying it to our vehicles, I’ve built up a good stockpile of oil, ATF, various filters, DEF, wiper blades, etc. I didn’t think about distilled water. Mad
The DEF has a shelf life. Perhaps in the sealed bottle it’s less of an issue. In the tank it’ll go bad, farmers have found this to be the case combines sit for 11 months at a time, it’s a problem to top everything up and park them.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5145 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Facial tissues (Kleenex).

Not so much a shortage thereof, but getting shorted on the contents

We like the little cubes of house brand tissues. Noticed that it contains about half the tissues it did a year ago. Blow my nose twice and clean my glasses once (tissue ruptured on the blow... Big Grin ) and the damn box is empty.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Celery and radishes. What the hell is going on when you can't get celery?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Have had trouble finding Mott’s cinnamon applesauce. Store brand tastes horrible. And RidEx for septic tanks. Luckily I usually get one when I see it on the shelf, so haven’t run out of that. And Rubbermaid 10 gallon totes, nobody seems to carry them anymore.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Pharma related:
Tammiflu and Virtussin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Zero bananas
Zero green peppers
Zero half & half

Kroger the other day

But they had Ponzu which hasn't been on the shelf for probably two years

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Mustard.

All kinds, and plenty of, ketchup on the shelves, but no mustard at all. Weird.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in the land of chickens (Central Alabama) eggs are available but nothing like what I am seeing in the media and social media world....something that has been sparse is sandwich bread....

Posts: 584 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Report This Post