SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Pineapple juice.

Tell her to be patient Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4556 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Butter, according to my wife.

All’s good though because we found it in her sister’s mashed potatoes.

Toast, popcorn, and potatoes are all excuses for butter, but until yesterday, I had never considered that there was a limit to how much butter is enough. I’m now thinking 60/40 butter to potato ratio for mashed potatoes is way over the limit.

No shortage around here, it’s all just like $5-$8 a pound, easily double or triple what it used to be.

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My local Moe's has been out of lettuce for about two weeks, someone is not trying very hard

I get a burrito bowl there about once a week, need that lettuce

Posts: 5290 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My local Moe's has been out of lettuce for about two weeks, someone is not trying very hard

I get a burrito bowl there about once a week, need that lettuce

Lettuce is ridiculous right now

Supposedly some sort of shortage due to whatever excuse there is these days but "bad weather" seems to be a favorite.

Lettuce prices have tripled and quadrupled in the past few weeks and that Moe's either cant find it or they cannot afford to sell it to you at the price on their menu.

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite coffee creamer in 64 oz containers sad times.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“Weird?,” maybe not, but certainly a concern. I’ve got family dealing with an ear infection in a 4 YO. There’s a shortage of the primary pediatric care antibiotic, Amoxicillin. Apparently, there is quite a list of pharmaceuticals in short supply.

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Your pediatrician should have known that. Augmentin avaiable in suspension??

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Eggs were generally in short supply at Costco. Organic eggs, in particular, were sold out.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Report This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Your pediatrician should have known that. Augmentin avaiable in suspension??

I hope so, Michael. This is not immediate family, it’s a niece and her son in another town. I imagine there are work arounds, but I think it’s noteworthy that a Rx with such wide use for kids would be in short supply.

posted Hide Post
No shortages that I can see . Crazy high prices though .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Report This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Maybe shortages are based on location ... where I am, not seeing any shortages of any kind. Have seen price increases on a few things.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
“Weird?,” maybe not, but certainly a concern. I’ve got family dealing with an ear infection in a 4 YO. There’s a shortage of the primary pediatric care antibiotic, Amoxicillin. Apparently, there is quite a list of pharmaceuticals in short supply.

My 2 year old girl just got over an ear infection and there was no regular amoxicillin available either, they gave us white Augmentin instead of the pink Amoxicillin

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

My 2 year old girl just got over an ear infection and there was no regular amoxicillin available either, they gave us white Augmentin instead of the pink Amoxicillin

Glad she’s ok now, my friend. Wishing her and your family a Merry Christmas!

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
DISTILLED WATER! It’s time to change the coolant in my truck, so I’ve got 5 gallons of antifreeze concentrate being delivered today. In the mean time, I figured I’d get the distilled water to flush the old coolant and mix with the concentrate. Not a single gallon to be found.

Taking Para’s ammo buying advice and applying it to our vehicles, I’ve built up a good stockpile of oil, ATF, various filters, DEF, wiper blades, etc. I didn’t think about distilled water. Mad

Posts: 10792 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Trapper, check the BABY stuff aisle, you may find distilled water there.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Good call Johnny 3eagles. Found some and I would never have guessed to look there. Thank you.

Posts: 10792 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Wheat Chex cereal

Posts: 26846 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Caution is to be exercised here.

Distilled water in the baby aisle is often distilled with minerals added for taste. Sometimes even fluoride.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Caution is to be exercised here.

Distilled water in the baby aisle is often distilled with minerals added for taste. Sometimes even fluoride.

That's why my teeth feel so clean after using my CPAP! Big Grin

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Report This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
My favorite Claussen pickles are never in stock

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Report This Post