SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Radio Around The World (VERY NEAT)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Radio Around The World (VERY NEAT) Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
This shows the earth as seen from space. The green dots are radio stations and when you click on them, you can hear their broadcast. This is one of the neatest things I have seen in a long time.

http://radio.garden/visit/marshalltown-ia/HaN955C4

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
COOL !!!
All the ones in seemingly middle of nowhere are most often religious in nature. Apparently there could be a niche opportunity for New Wave and Jazz in the middle of the Sahara.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Very cool. It seems that rap is popular in Spain. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
fm only?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Neat. Some horrible sounds coming out of some extremely rural parts of NE Canada.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool site, just hunted around my old stomping grounds in Northern AZ. Heard some great Cajun picking and grinning from a station north of Winslow AZ.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Thanks for posting

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10936 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that is now my newest bad habit! Thank YOU!! VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I've found some great radio stations the last few years on that site. It's a lot of fun just to explore and hear local news in unusual locations.

Or when you hear a commercial in some south Pacific island that's the same commercial I hear locally!

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I love catching Navajo stations in the four corners.
Ya' ta nishi Michael Jackson Beat it Beat it de' ta a'eh'
More fun in a language you don't understand, until you do.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Very cool indeed. Thanks for posting.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its cool! But if you search the Yoop you quickly see why satellite radio is a must. Frown

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoying German from Passau, Germany. Definitely different.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
This is very neat! Thanks for sharing..

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
I love catching Navajo stations in the four corners.
Ya' ta nishi Michael Jackson Beat it Beat it de' ta a'eh'
More fun in a language you don't understand, until you do.

One, from Window Rock (660 AM) comes booming into Tucson at night with country music. DJ speaks English mixed with Navajo language.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I found a station in northern India advertising Schloztsky's sandwiches.

That is cool.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Wow ... love it !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool!

It appears there's only one radio station on the entire Korean peninsula.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s internet streaming, some of the commercials are tied to your rough location, not the commercial actually played. At least the larger stations seem to be tending to that.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post