SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Radio Around The World (VERY NEAT)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Radio Around The World (VERY NEAT) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://radio.garden/visit/marshalltown-ia/HaN955C4

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Fun playing with it. Good stations in Souix Lookout, Canada, Toronto, France, Japan. All different types of music.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Equador playing Disco. Wow.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Techno-pop rulez in eastern Europe/Russia.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shared this with a friend from India. He was very happy to hear from his former country.

Thank you for sharing the link.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Thats is neat. Thanks.

I found one in Vladivostok, Russia playing "Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya." It seems to be a song for a historic or parody radio show as I heard "Hitler" interspersed in the talking.

It's amazing how many broadcast in English.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
All the ones in seemingly middle of nowhere are most often religious in nature.
I searched for Bakersfield and couldn't find gospel music on a colored radio station. Maybe only on Sunday morning?

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is really cool. I was surprised how many stations I found all over the world playing western music in english.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Eponym— maybe some girls with far away eyes could have found it. It has to be there.

I was searching last night, and it’s hard to know where you’re at exactly. I was searching East coast and ended up in Canterbury, NH. The country like song playing was ‘Driving my truck in high heeled shoes’. It was pretty funny. Then they played Motts ‘All the Young Dudes’, followed by Zappa’s ‘Bobby Brown’. All good songs. Then started playing some comedy stuff. I finally realized it was a gay radio station called ‘Eargasm’. It was actually pretty funny with some good tunes.

Japan seems to have a lot of stations playing 50s type songs that you would hear in a smoke filled little bar. Slow Sinatra type songs, but not him, just that genre.
It’s really fun seeing what some parts of the world is listening to.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Very cool. It seems that rap is popular in Spain. Big Grin

Jim

My first trip to Europe was a business trip to install a mainframe computer for Phillips in Holland. I turned on the radio of my rental car, expecting to hear classical music – maybe Beethoven.

But I heard Roger Miller singing “Chug-a-Lug”. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing and God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
That is really cool. I was surprised how many stations I found all over the world playing western music in english.

When I went to Thailand, all of the popular radio stations were top 40 music from the US.

All of the locals basically told me the same thing: the US music industry is hands down the largest and highest quality. Additionally, A lot of the younger (30 and below) crowd there has some level of basic English and music helps them develop their skills.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Fantastic technology worldwide, almost all in the service of absolute dreck. Big Grin

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Ty

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to find so many American, English songs in Poland.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
for some reason I cannot get this site to load on my Ipad. Any idea's?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Super Kool! Thank you for the post!!!!!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
That's pretty neat. Like m1009 said, it's funny how many US songs are played throughout the world. Bruno Mars in the Falklands...

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm hooked. Thanks.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post