SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will we know the results of the election by Weds. morning??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will we know the results of the election by Weds. morning?? Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know that this is an election, and not the second world war, right?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I think we are kidding ourselves if we think this will be finalized this week.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I think one candidate might have a vast majority of the votes that are cast by Wednesday morning, but it will take time for the post-election day games to play out and the winner to be acknowledged.

Magic Eight Ball says "It is unlikely".

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Virginia couties have until Sunday to certify numbers.

Yup!

And remember who the governor is!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Prolly not, as unfortunate as that is. The longer it takes, the more Demorat votes will be discovered. They will continue trickling in until the SCOTUS tells the fraud criminals it's over. If we're lucky it will be a landslide or an impossible number of electoral votes for the criminal demorats to overcome by any criminal means.

This is my fear as well. The more time, the more chance for democratic fraud. Also how did Texas have more mail in votes this year, then they had registered voters in 2016. That in and of itself is a HUGE red flag.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
This is my fear as well. The more time, the more chance for democratic fraud. Also how did Texas have more mail in votes this year, then they had registered voters in 2016. That in and of itself is a HUGE red flag.

Please put down your red flag.

It is 2020 early voting that surpassed 2016 turnout. Early voting here is opening polling centers on Oct 13th through Oct 30th. And turnout in 2016 was less than 70%, mainly Republicans staying home because Ted Cruz was not the nominee.

"Mail in" ballots are absentee ballots requiring special circumstances to receive; those who are 65 or older, disabled or will be out of their home county on Election Day and during the early voting period. Everyone else goes to the polls.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we will be lucky to know the next president by Thanksgiving!

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Please put down your red flag.

It is 2020 early voting that surpassed 2016 turnout. Early voting here is opening polling centers on Oct 13th through Oct 30th. And turnout in 2016 was less than 70%, mainly Republicans staying home because Ted Cruz was not the nominee.

"Mail in" ballots are absentee ballots requiring special circumstances to receive; those who are 65 or older, disabled or will be out of their home county on Election Day and during the early voting period. Everyone else goes to the polls.

This is what I'm commenting on, it says more early ballots cast than entirety in 2016. It just seems very odd to me 4 days before the election, that's all.:

"AUSTIN, Texas — Texans have already cast more ballots in the presidential election than they did during all of 2016, an unprecedented surge of early voting in a state that was once the country’s most reliably Republican, but may now be drifting toward battleground status.
More than 9 million ballots had been cast as of Friday morning in the nation’s second most-populous state, exceeding the 8,969,226 cast in 2016, according to an Associated Press tally of early votes from data provided by Texas officials.

Texas is the first state to hit the milestone of casting more votes than it did in all of 2016."

https://www.latimes.com/world-...-of-all-2016-ballots

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats are good at stuffing/finding ballots or boxes. And, sometimes they'll try to change the established rules.

A little history direction: Ballot box 13, Alice, Texas, 1948. LBJ was the man.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I think we are kidding ourselves if we think this will be finalized this week.

I would say that we will know that President Trump has enough numbers to carry a decisive victory.

Of COURSE the dems will never accept this, and of COURSE they will fight and cheat. In the end, it will not avail them, except to stir up even more hate and violence in an impotent attempt to discredit President Trump.

They don't accept the 2016 election; they will never accept this one.

I also expect that biden will never concede. Ever. That hateful old geezer will go to his grave denying President Trump's victory.

So, we will know President Trump won by this evening, definitely by Wednesday morning. It won't be 'official' for several days longer, but that won't change the outlook.

As for the dems cheating and trying to win by lawsuit (like in 2000), like we all know they will, I trust President Trumps political savvy far more than all the dems combined.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Will the lame-stream-media even report a Trump victory when they know it to be true?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5314 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
Will the lame-stream-media even report a Trump victory when they know it to be true?

If the 2016 election is any indication, I expect the leftist msm to grudgingly report President Trump ahead, but immediately state that "biden can still pull this one off" in the late vote shenanigans everybody knows are coming.

The biggest indication will be the mood of the anchors (especially on cnn, msnbc, etc). If they think biden is winning, they will be ecstatic and jubilant; when President Trump takes one 'battleground state' after another, they will lapse into a deep depression they will be unable to hide. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is what I'm commenting on, it says more early ballots cast than entirety in 2016. It just seems very odd to me 4 days before the election, that's all.

To tell you the truth, that's just the LA Times trying to comfort its readers with the notion that there may be more Dem votes cast this year than in '16. Apparently there are more than 16 million eligible voters in Texas this election, and 9 million is only about 56% of the eligible voters.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is what I'm commenting on, it says more early ballots cast than entirety in 2016. It just seems very odd to me 4 days before the election, that's all.:

In your original post, you stated mail in votes, not early votes, a huge difference. With less than 70% turnout in 2016, early voting this year, with new voter registrations, could very well exceed 2020, even before election day. We had over two weeks of open polls in October.

As I stated before, mail in ballots were not sent out to every voter like other states, it is very limited as far as absentee ballots in TX.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Virginia counties have until Sunday to certify manufacture numbers.

FIFY

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Prolly not, as unfortunate as that is. The longer it takes, the more Demorat votes will be discovered. They will continue trickling in until the SCOTUS tells the fraud criminals it's over. If we're lucky it will be a landslide or an impossible number of electoral votes for the criminal demorats to overcome by any criminal means.

FWIW, the turnout at my polling place in Dallas was very light at 1300--I was voter #203. It may be that most voters in Texas this year decided to do it early or by mail.

An "expert" on Fox last night opined that there would be a definite winner by tomorrow morning. My observation is that we won't know who it is.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Go to bed after Trump’s statement last night, Trump was leading in all 5 states that matter. Wake up and Biden is leading in MI and WI. Never have we had 6 states not called on election night with several just flat out stopping the count/reporting from heavy democrat cities/counties. An absolute disgrace and fraud happening.

Posts: 3575 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
This will be contested & play out in state courts..

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
If it was up to PADP*, they'd be "finding" mail-in ballots to count until the numbers favored B/H. USPS says 300,000 absentee ballots are unaccounted for, as in mailed but not scanned to the addressee, thus not delivered.

* Pennsylvania Democratic Party

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post