SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scientific American: Gun owners are mostly insecure racists
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scientific American: Gun owners are mostly insecure racists Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
After being around for 170 years Scientific American was taken over by a bunch of leftists. After being a continuous subscriber for over 60 years, I canceled my subscription a while back.

Leftists can fuck up a wet dream.

I dropped my 40 year old subscription in 1995, after John Rennie was appointed Editor in Chief (in 1994). He totally destroyed a good magazine.

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
as a magazine, I was a subscriber but quit

these days the title is an oxymoron

little science and more like South American

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
"Three percent of the population now owns half of the country’s firearms, says a recent, definitive study from the Injury Control Research Center at Harvard University."

Woo-hoo - the 3 percenters!!! I think that's worthy of a tat or patch!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
After being around for 170 years Scientific American was taken over by a bunch of leftists. After being a continuous subscriber for over 60 years, I canceled my subscription a while back.

Leftists can fuck up a wet dream.

Very true. What are they going to fuck up next? The Nobel Prize?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The views expressed are those of the author(s) and are not necessarily those of Scientific American. "

Then what was their purpose in publishing it?

If any one of the idiots who decided to publish that crap has any real scientific background they need to get their tuition money back.

The scientific community has been babbling this shit for decades, and the harsher facts of life prove them all to either be too stupid to breath on their own, or simply have an ulterior motive.

Maybe they never had to take a course in statistics, and how to prove the statistics are actually true.

In any case, I will not bother to ever read anything printed by that trashy rag.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:
Well, I kind of fucked up his study.

White, medical doctor (with a specialty), religious, been employed my entire life, am a minority (Jewish), IDF veteran.

Yup. Like most here, we all fit his exact description.

I am a misanthrope - just to give him one point.

Irish/Canadian with 1/8th British blood, left-handed, red-headed, multiple degree-holding polyglot and Jewish shooter and all-round bon oeuf. I must have fallen between his punctuation.

tac

Posts: 11328 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
"Three percent of the population now owns half of the country’s firearms, says a recent, definitive study from the Injury Control Research Center at Harvard University."

Woo-hoo - the 3 percenters!!! I think that's worthy of a tat or patch!

I think 3% of the population owns more than half of the publications, lame media, and baseless liberal infotainment. IMO They are infinitely more dangerous.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post