SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device's, do they offer any thing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device's, do they offer any thing? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is what I need for sugar.

by fenris

Big Grin

ditto Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54689 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Why is it assumed that anyone who gets a DWI is an alcoholic?

Good question. I'm sure there are a fairly high number of people that get DWI's that just made a dumb decision once and got caught.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Their cars are a huge pain in the ass to me if I have to work on them. Imagine having an intermittent no-crank or no-start and a device that has to be blown into every time you crank the engine.

Posts: 27989 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is it assumed that anyone who gets a DWI is an alcoholic?

interesting,

so it could just be bad decision making, while you just happen to be over the legal b.a.c.

I see your point

I guess one would have to know the actual number of times that the d.u.i. driver had driven impaired to come to a conclusion.

then again
could it be the driving while legally impaired
has nothing to do with being an Alky ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54689 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one thing it does is make money for the company that installs and rents the device. That is paid by the driver It is not something the court will provide to you.It gives the courts an additional tool to deal with drumk drivers.
As for the principal of the order, According to my cousin, as she explained it to me, cause she knows from first hand experience, in California anyway.. As part of probation the driver gets a restricted drivers license, they can only drive a car equiped with a certified interlock system. If caught driving a car not so equiped the charge is driving on suspended licensee and parole violation. If they come up with some sceam to defeat or by pass the interlock, the charge is driving on a suspended license, parole violation and tampering. Also sometimes parole mandates 0% blood alcohol level while driving. So 0.01%, or i guess any measurable ammount, is good for driving under suspension and parole violation. The consiquences of getting caught DUI on a restricted licensee are to horrible to contemplate.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
He had his 4-5 year old daughter blow into it for him...

Does he always ride around with her in the car? He would have to when the random testing comes up.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
A brother-in-law of mine had several DUIs. One was installed on his car.

He had his 4-5 year old daughter blow into it for him...

This guy should be hanged. Driving around drunk with his 4-5 year old daughter in the car, and having the audacity to make her blow into the breathalyzer.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I suppose, in a way, they do work. I save my drinking for the weekends and do it at home, so as not to risk having to get one of those damnable things.

Posts: 27989 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I suppose, in a way, they do work. I save my drinking for the weekends and do it at home, so as not to risk having to get one of those damnable things.

Who says deterrence doesn't work?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Intoxicated by alcohol yes......recently I have had several DWI arrests with persons with several prior DWI convictions having the interlock......they switched from alcohol to drugs to self medicate themselves.

Posts: 3954 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Trust me on this. An Alcoholic or drug addict, matter of fact any active addict of any form "will" find a way to use. Until they reach their bottom. A lot of the time their choices will end in death to them,others or both. And they will rationalize their choices with the most amazing illogical mental reasoning which make perfect sense to them. Sorry for the slight thread drift as I have no personal experience with blow ignition devices. Just Drunks and Addicts.

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Intoxicated by alcohol yes......recently I have had several DWI arrests with persons with several prior DWI convictions having the interlock......they switched from alcohol to drugs to self medicate themselves.

Yes, I have seen many go from alcohol to marijuana or pills (Xanax or oxy's) instead when they had situations where they can't drink. Random alcohol tests for visitation with their kids (where they had to blow into a device) or driving devices such as this. I even knew one long term alcoholic from a wealthy family that had a liver transplant, and then started smoking marijuana after the liver transplant, instead of drinking. It's sad. But at least the interlock devices will keep them from driving when drunk. I have a friend whose a mobile marine mechanic, makes good money, got his second DUI, they wouldn't give him a hardship drivers license, and had to pay someone $15 an hour to drive him around every day so he could work on boats.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post