SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    IDIOT Biden gives Putin a list of our vulnerabilities >>>>>>>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IDIOT Biden gives Putin a list of our vulnerabilities >>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
Did you know about this from last year ??? I guess the media gave it very little coverage.

IDIOT Biden gives Putin list of USA Vulnerabilities

Updated on June 16

Biden gave Putin list of 16 critical infrastructure entities 'off limits' to cyberattacks

Those entities included energy, water and more
Rep. Green on Putin press conference: 'Surprised' at level of conflating he did
Rep. Mark Green, R-Tenn., discusses Putin's press conference, arguing that Biden 'hasn't backed his words with actions.'

President Biden told reporters Wednesday he gave President Vladimir Putin a list of 16 critical infrastructure entities that are "off limits" to a Russian cyberattack. 

Those entities include energy, water, health care, emergency, chemical, nuclear, communications, government, defense, food, commercial facilities, IT, transportation, dams, manufacturing and financial services.
"We'll find out whether we have a cybersecurity arrangement that begins to bring some order," Biden said. Putin, for his part, denied any involvement in a recent spate of cyberattacks that have hit major industries across the U.S. 

"I looked at him. I said, ‘How would you feel if ransomware took on the pipelines from your oil fields?’ He said, ‘It would matter.’ This is not about just our self-interest." the president said. 

Biden refused to say if military action was on the table if Russia was found to be responsible for a ransomware attack. 

"In terms of the red line you laid down is military response an option for a ransomware attack?" a reporter asked. 

"Thank you very much," Biden said as he abruptly tried to end the shorter-than-expected conference. "No, we didn't talk about military response," he said when pressed again. 

Biden in another moment had said he didn't make any threats but rather "simple assertions."

Biden stressed the need for both nation "to take action against criminals that conduct ransomware activities on their territory."

Putin, in his own press conference after the meeting, claimed that American sources say that a "majority" of the cyberattacks in the world come from within the U.S. 

The number of organizations affected by ransomware has jumped 102% compared to the beginning of 2020 and "shows no sign of slowing down," according to a research note last month from IT security firm Check Point.

PUTIN SAYS ‘NO HOSTILITY’ IN BIDEN MEETING, TWO SIDES AGREE TO RETURN AMBASSADORS

Both Colonial Pipeline and JBS Holdings, a meat-processing company, have been subject to major cyberattacks, where against the guidance of the FBI they paid millions of dollars in ransom to resume operation.

The Colonial Pipeline attack was linked back to a Russian hacking group. 

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3071 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I knew, but yes, that is of course it:

quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
I guess the media gave it very little coverage.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I knew of that also.

But even though I thought “how f****** stupid is this.” I figured that he’d outdo himself later for an expression of stupidity. And I was right, he could easily out-stupid himself again.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8114 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Revealing that type of information has to be a chargeable breach in some way. Does anyone have control of this moron?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37986 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Hmmm..he didn't name LGBTQLMAO so...

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden is a f**king incompetent moron!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I don’t like Slo-Joe any more than anyone else, but I missed the list of vulnerabilities. I do see broad list of activities a fifth grader could figure out as potential points of attack to disrupt the American economy.

Nothing more than clickbait.

Posts: 10975 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Nothing more than clickbait.

Nearly a year old clickbait at that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
While Biden may be a dolt, those items have always been targeted.

If your business is cyber warfare that info isn’t tipping your hand.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Revealing that type of information has to be a chargeable breach in some way. Does anyone have control of this moron?

Revealing it may be, but we assume Russia (Putin is just a top level politician like Biden) doesn't already know those vulnerabilities. There is a lot of that going on all day. During the Obama administration a hack was discovered which took most of the security files for clearance upgrades - including mine. It had been done 6 months prior and was discovered by a program vendor (who apparently had plenty of credentials) who was demonstrating his programs abilities. And no, I don't think he got the contract. The Obama administration then tried to cover it up for another 6 months. I was contacted almost two years later with a guarantee of free online personal security - if I ever needed it. I had to request it. That is always too late in the game and not getting an activation key to immediately start it shows how little regard there was over it.

There are plenty of incidences like that in the past ten years, much less a Secretary of State operating a open server in her compound which apparently had unprotected Special Access Programs (higher than Top Secret) files downloaded onto it contrary to any known security protocol. Exposure of those files resulted in the CIA having dozens of agents in China uncovered - and when attempts to contact them were made, no response was ever relayed back. It's assumed they are all dead.

But, nothing to see there. It was brushed off.

Most major nations have vulnerabilities - they know their own, they know who shares the same programs, it's not hard to keep an ear to the ground seeing which rogue or contracted hackers can come up with more. Biden telling Russia "don't poke these" could also be a ruse - to invite hackers and then back trace them. Considering the MSM is usually so far out of the loop in terms of real reporting I just see them as part of the Administration now. Why did they even mention it? There was permission.

Don't believe the mainstream media - if they publish something its always in the Administrations interest. In this case it's apparent they are batting cleanup to keep the shock of the current administrations incompetence from affecting voters. Like we don't know?

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Yes, this was discussed in the infrastructure hacking threads from last year. Just one, in a long list, of Biden administration screw-ups...and not even the worst.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Nearly a year old clickbait at that.

Well that explains why when I read the article as posted, I was confused about the part where Biden and Putin had a face to face agreeing to allow ambassadors back.

Posts: 10975 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm confused.... I know y'all don't like Biden... me neither... but is that kind of like just telling your adversary.... don't attack me.... which really doesn't not mean anything...

And do you think the Ruskies don't know what they are going to attack when the time is right and now they won't just because Biden said so...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
Did you know about this from last year ???

Covered in the ongoing Biden thread at the time, let me see if I can dig up a pointer. Here you go... Pointer to 'vulnerability list' part

quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
And do you think the Ruskies don't know what they are going to attack when the time is right...

Of course they have/had a plan. Now they were given a list to double-check against, to be sure they didn't miss anything.

Did Roosevelt send Tojo and Hitler a message, "Whatever you do, don't target Los Alamos, Hanford, or Oak Ridge."?

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post