SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Milley - treasonous usurper of Presidential power...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milley - treasonous usurper of Presidential power... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
1. Milley is a fool, he got played by the Beltway and continues to get exposed as simply a careerist in uniform. He had no idea what politics are and where to stand and he eventually blew in the wind where the Dems wanted. I have a hard time believing he actually reached-out to his PLA counter-part to warn them that things are a bit unstable here in the States. I'm more apt to believe Woodward in his zeal, pumped-up and sensationalized this bit, which of course the MSM has jumped all over and uses to ratchet-up the Unstable Trump narratives More on this story, here's xxx xxx to give us some more background Roll Eyes

2. Woodward puts out another Trump book and juices it up. JHC!...these people are completely obsessed with Trump, its remarkable, there's has to be a name for such a medical-political condition.

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Not good; not good at all.

https://townhall.com/columnist...-in-america-n2595825

Is Biden’s Incompetence Sowing the Seeds of Military Unrest in America?
George Mullen

In the attempt to read the tea leaves of what our future may hold (a murky exercise at best), it seems the dishonor President Biden just heaped upon the U.S. military will have serious consequences for America going forward. Remember that Rome was also a great republic…until it wasn’t.

Let me preface by saying that the author here (along with most Americans) believe America should have exited Afghanistan long ago. That being said, few Americans support the reckless and incompetent exit President Biden (and his generals and cabinet) just executed. Any way you measure it, this is likely the worst self-inflicted foreign policy disaster in America’s history.

The following four facts (measured as a group) may shed light on where we are headed:

1. Ancient Rome was a republic for nearly 500 hundred years (509 BC to 27 BC) before it descended into a military dictatorship…a la the Caesars.

2. Military led coups / juntas are a global norm, not an exception. Those who seek absolute power (by force) have been a constant throughout human history.

3. In order to blunt this threat of absolute power, America's Founding Fathers established civilian command over the military in the U.S. Constitution. Thus, we elect a civilian president every four years who is the commander-in-chief of our armed forces. This, of course, necessitates having a competent president who listens to qualified advisors.

4. For the first time in America's 245 year history, our military en masse justifiably feels betrayed, humiliated, and dishonored by the President of the United States. Though the inept Afghanistan exit certainly wasn't their fault, our military's resounding 20 years of success (and sacrifices) was frittered away in weeks and turned into a humiliating defeat.

The dishonor and betrayal being felt is palatable — you can see it in the eyes of the greenest enlisted soldiers all the way up the line to (nearly) the highest ranked officers.

Most Americans (and especially veterans) are feeling this dishonor as well. Why?

Because a large number of Americans have been left behind enemy lines (after presidential promises none would be), at least 13 U.S. military personnel were posted like sitting ducks and murdered along with 180 plus innocent Afghan civilians, and a last day face-saving “imminent threat” drone strike misidentified an Afghan family of ten (filling water bottles) as terrorists and incinerated them.

Furthermore, our key NATO allies have been ignored and undermined, our Afghan partners, translators, and friends have been betrayed (after 65,000 plus Afghan military have died fighting alongside us), we’ve left an $85 billion arsenal of advanced U.S. military equipment for the Taliban terrorists to use against us and Afghan civilians, pallets of U.S. dollars have been given to the Taliban as bribes, and millions of Afghan girls and women have been left behind to the barbaric whims of the Taliban, al-Qaeda, and ISIS.

America and Americans do not do these things, period. We are the good guys. And, yet, President Biden just did them all, and in our name. Dishonor.

Many of us also worry that President Biden will recognize the Taliban as the legitimate government of Afghanistan — the exact same murderous thugs who harbored the al-Qaeda terrorists responsible for the September 11 attacks against us. More dishonor.

And not one of Biden’s sycophant generals (or cabinet members) have resigned in protest over these disastrous policies. Even more dishonor.

What will be the long-term consequences of Biden's dishonorable exit? Growing military distrust of the president as their commander-in-chief? Growing sense of betrayal in our military’s ranks? Military enlistment and reenlistment numbers set to crash? Growing desire to avenge the dishonor and humiliation of our military?

In a mere seven months, President Biden has managed to sow the seeds of distrust and betrayal between our military and our constitutionally mandated civilian leadership. This fissure could have dark and irreversible consequences — whether it takes one year or 50 years for these seeds to germinate.

Julius Caesar rose to prominence as the hero Roman general who finally conquered the fearsome territory of Gaul (modern France). Caesar's ongoing distrust and lack of faith in the Roman Senate ultimately spurred him to lead his 13th Twin Legion of the Roman Army across the Rubicon to become dictator of Rome. This ushered in the end of the Roman Republic.

When will the next great American general surface? One along the lines of George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Ulysses S. Grant, Dwight Eisenhower, George S. Patton, or Douglas MacArthur? Perhaps in America's next war?

What if this next larger-than-life American general has the complete loyalty of a U.S. military now filled with soldiers looking to settle old scores and restore their honor? And what if this general has the mindset of a Julius Caesar or Napoleon Bonaparte?

King George III’s arrogance, incompetence, and mental fragility led to Great Britain’s loss of the Thirteen American Colonies. President Biden’s arrogance, incompetence, and mental fragility may lead to the loss of our American Republic.

Let's hope these tea leaves are being misread.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pelosi continued, "You know he's crazy. He's been crazy for a long time.“

Take a look in the mirror, ya old hag.

Posts: 26846 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
1. Milley is a fool, he got played by the Beltway and continues to get exposed as simply a careerist in uniform.

Fully disagree. He’s not a fool. He’s a traitor,
And needs to be dealt with accordingly asap.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I am so mad at what he did and the fact he is going to get away with it.

I would like to see Para create an account MILLEY
and immediately ban hammer that muthaa into a geosynchronous stable orbit.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31357 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
the fact he is going to get away with it.

Milley seems to be just enough of a putz and a patsy to get thrown to the wolves over this.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
...the fact he is going to get away with it.
"fact"? How could you possibly know that? Do you need a white flag, or do you have one ready to run up the pole?
quote:
I would like to see Para create an account MILLEY
and immediately ban hammer that muthaa into a geosynchronous stable orbit.
What are we, 12 years old?

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'm right there with many of you in my rampant dislike/distrust of Milley, but maybe we need to apply the brakes a bit on this story. Bernstein has on occasion played a bit fast and loose with facts, so patience might be called for here until we know for sure exactly what 'did' occur.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sounds like our lefty White House thinks that throwing Milley Vanilli under the bus is going to make TaliBiden's surrender of Afghanistan go away.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I'm right there with many of you in my rampant dislike/distrust of Milley, but maybe we need to apply the brakes a bit on this story. Bernstein has on occasion played a bit fast and loose with facts, so patience might be called for here until we know for sure exactly what 'did' occur.
Why?
The Left likes to run out the clock, it’s part of their DNA.
Bury the crime with time.

Hit it hard and fast.
If untrue force Milley to defend himself.
Let Milley reveal and expose the weasels if there are weasels framing him that need to be exposed.

I don’t understand why we must continue to allow the Left to Bury Crimes with Time.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Haven't you guys figured this out yet?

EVERYTHING these assholes cried that Trump was or was doing…THEY WERE DOING THEMSELVES. Mad

Wahh “Trump is a dictator!”

Biden is literally acting like a dictator now

Wahh “Trump is out of control”

Woke asshole Milley is out of control and committing treason

FFS Red Face

It’s called projection

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Mark Levin gives his rundown of the accusations against Milley.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
The part a lot of people miss in this discussion is that GEN Milley is NOT in the chain of command.

As the Chairman of the JCS, he is an advisor to the President and the SECDEF. He is not "the commander" of the U.S. military.

The Acting SECDEF from 9 November 2020 to the end of President Trump's term in office was Christopher Miller. I'll have to read the book to see what he was doing while GEN Milley was doing all these things, but the SECDEF actually is in the chain of command of all U.S. forces, including those assigned to STRATCOM, and exemplifies the principle of civilian control of the U.S. military.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
I'll have to read the book to see…
And that’s the goal of releasing the information today.
Why be part of those financing the politics of book deals?

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
A brief aside on the Al Haig thing. I used to work for a guy in DC who worked in a news agency in DC when all that happened. I was in 4th grade then, but my boss told me around 2002 that, on that day in 1981, it really was unclear as to who was running the show. Pres. Reagan was incapacitated, VP Bush was on an airplane for several hours and the Soviet Embassy in DC sent their guys out to milk their American contacts for all the info they could get. They were totally in the dark. My old boss said a buddy of his from the Soviet Embassy showed up at his office, looking all flustered and said, "Bill, what the hell is going on? Who is running your gov't. at the moment?"

I don't know how long all this took or how quickly it could have been conveyed to State at that time. But my old boss swears that was the reason SOS Haig went on tv and said that, it was to placate the Russkies until AFII had landed and VP Bush could get briefed and go before the cameras.

Just sayin'. Don't shoot the messenger.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A quick reply and then away from the drift.

(I was in the USAF and recall the events as they came to public knowledge soon after, and was very keyed into the reports and stories)

Al Haig did go off tangent and was out of his element.

Weinberger was in control of defense and posturing and there was discussion about not raising Defense Posture Level, and as the press was asking about the POTUS condition, who was in charge and such.

Haig had already tried his authoritarian blustering and attempted to over reach (and over step Weinberger's authority) but Weinberger did not rattle, and remained composed.

All this was ongoing discussions in the Situation Room, and nearby Press secretary Speakes was doing the best he could, but he had very little information and had the "frightened deer" presence about him.

When he was asked who was running the government, he said he did not know at this time. Haig then grabbed Security adviser Allen who was talking with Edwin Meese on the phone about Reagan's condition and headed to the press area, and that is when he stepped up and made his speech about being in control and such.

The administration that was involved, had a handle on everything, the biggest issue really was Al Haig's being a bit wide eyed with his eyebrow's arched sky high, and his lack of understanding the Constitutional Chain of Command, and that of the group that were together having everything under control.

Haig should have stuck to calm phone calls to world leaders that America was good, and no matter what the outcome of the President, America was solid and the world was safe.

But Al Haig tried to go full retard and all of that is in the history books.

Other than the expected reactions and misteps, folks did the right things and continued to lead effectively.

If it happened today, it would be like exiting Afghanistan, without a clear and workable plan...

/drift

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43795 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Not sure I believe WaPo, Bob Woodward, and a couple of hundred unnamed sources.

Posts: 4005 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Everyone should keep the pressure on Milley.

If the book is true, Milley should be at least forced to resign.

If Milley denies it, then it makes Woodward look like a liar trying to sensationalize book sales.

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the least reaction, if this is true, he needs to be Flynn'd. It seems like he was engaging in diplomacy where he had no authority. exposing war plans aside that is.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Not sure I believe WaPo, Bob Woodward, and a couple of hundred unnamed sources.

I agree, and I object to the entire premise of these claims. They assume President Trump was 'out of control' and that he was directly responsible for the January 6 'insurrection.' Both these claims are designed, IMO, to further poison President Trump's legacy. I don't believe for a second that President Trump was irrational or out of control. I believe this is 100% lies and fabrications by milley and others to further slander President Trump (the left is TERRIFIED he will run in 2024).

We also know beyond ANY doubt that President Trump was NOT responsible for the protests at the Capitol, and that it was actually provoked by leftists in order to taint President Trump and all conservatives everywhere. I believe that milley (along with all the other leftist politicians) KNEW President Trump was not responsible for the Jan 6 protest.

They are all stirring up emotions to further cloud the issue. AOC claiming she feared she would be raped and murdered by the 'insurrectionists,' when she WASN'T EVEN IN THE FREAKING BUILDING is just one example of this. milley claiming he feared President Trump provoking WWIII is just another example. Expect them to over-hype this protest nonsense for the next 20+ years. The instant somebody calls it an 'insurrection,' I automatically discount everything they say afterwards.

So, don't start with calling milley a traitor - start with calling him a liar. I believe ALL this nonsense about milley 'contacting the military to prevent President Trump from ordering a nuclear strike' or calling China to convince them we weren't about to nuke anybody to be 200% unadulterated BS.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21820 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post