SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Milley - treasonous usurper of Presidential power...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milley - treasonous usurper of Presidential power... Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
as long as the mutiny and un-constitutional actions of Milley were directed at the Orange Man, it's OK.

That's what's kind of hooked my attention beyond the obvious WTF stuff. There's no other way for the media or anyone else to defend Milley's behavior as it's been presented so far, and I think what faint praise the media has been able to muster sounds pretty damning to most people.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8gYFQT6artM" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I don't like or agree with everything Milley has said or done but I'd trust or believe him well before I'd believe someone like Woodward or anyone else like him.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Did Woodward distort and exaggerate what Milley told him?

Quite possibly, but why was he able to do that? Only because Milley caught the “Oh, here’s my chance to become a celebrity” disease and allowed himself to reveal things to a skillful questioner that he probably now regrets. If Woodward wanted to interview him, he should have just said, “Nope,” and terminated the conversation at that point; dancing with the devil and all that comes to mind. As I’ve pointed out before, however, the desire to influence others is one of the strongest human motivators, and as any two-year-old learns very quickly, the easiest way to do that is to focus attention on oneself. It’s especially effective if it makes us seem like a righteous crusader in a noble cause (i.e., confirming common beliefs or hopes about the former President).

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47364 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ It's plausible that if enough insiders were talking to Woodward, Milley felt compelled to as well in order to make sure his side of the story was told.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder what General Li, recipient of this call, thought of it. If General Li had made such a call, he would have been relieved of duty immediately, court-martialed, convicted of treason and executed within a matter of weeks. President Xi would have been immediately informed by the the Chinese versions of the CIA, FBI and NSA unlike the CIA, FBI and NSA which apparently didn't inform President Trump.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8gYFQT6artM" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I don't like or agree with everything Milley has said or done but I'd trust or believe him well before I'd believe someone like Woodward or anyone else like him.

Not me, he's pond scum though maybe not quite as low as Woodward. Remember Thoroughly Modern Millie did not try very hard to hide his contempt for Trump, even before the election.

And it appears that Millie did NOTHING to stop Biden's disasterous withdrawal in Afghanistan. Sure, his book will make him look good, but he enabled that shit show and continues to cover for Biden and his handlers.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Woodward and Milley both are up to their ears in full-commie liberalism.
So why would Woodward screw him?
MONEY and the attention his book will get.

Posts: 22854 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Gen Jack Keane is one I trust as well.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did Woodward distort and exaggerate

Has he ever not done that?

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
^^^ It's plausible that if Milley believed enough insiders were talking to Woodward, Milley felt compelled to as well in order to make sure his side of the story was told.

For the record, the bolded part is my addition to what Lefty Sig said.

Milley doesn't really come off as a poker player. A little bit of fear can prompt a flood of imagination which can 'compel' a range of bad decisions. It'll be fascinating to look at the dynamics of what happened as the "real story" leaks out over the years.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHAT? Obama’s Def Sec Leon Panetta Appears To Admit He Was Involved With Milley’s Secret CCP Calls

Leon Panetta was not a government official during the time of Milley's secret CCP calls.

https://nationalfile.com/what-...ys-secret-ccp-calls/

Former Obama-Biden administration Defense Secretary and CIA Director Leon Panetta appeared to admit that he was involved with General Mark Milley’s secret calls to the Chinese Communist military behind President Donald Trump’s back.
Leon Panetta, the former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and former Defense Secretary under the Obama-Biden administration appeared to admit that he was involved with General Mark Milley’s secret calls to the CCP military behind the back of President Donald Trump.

Panetta, while confirming that Milley made secret calls, said the first secret call Milley made to the CCP was “pursuant to the approval of [Defense] Secretary [Mark] Esper,” adding that the second secret call to the CCP was made because “President [Trump] was appointing political people to key positions at the Defense Department.”

In an apparent admission to being involved with the secret CCP calls, Panetta, a private citizen, said “we were concerned about what the President might do.”

Video at link

Panetta’s ousting of former Defense Secretary Mark Esper confirms earlier reports by National File concerning the scope of how many people in the Trump administration knew of the secret CCP calls behind President Trump’s back.

Former Trump Administration Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller has come out and said that he “did not and would not ever authorize” General Mark Milley’s calls with the CCP. However, Fox News was told that he and Defense Secretary Mark Esper had “full knowledge” of the secret calls, including “about 15” other people.

However, Panetta’s apparent admission to being involved with the secret calls raises questions concerning exactly how many former government officials – then private citizens at the time, were involved in the situation that many have referred to as “treason” against the United States.

https://twitter.com/WhiteIsThe...748285644918785?s=20

While Milley maintains that his secret calls to the Chinese military, in which he pledged to provide aid and comfort to the CCP in the event of a potential US military attack, were “perfectly” in line with his duties, House Republicans have sent a letter to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin demanding that Milley be subject to an AR 15-6 investigation for his “outright treason.” (READ MORE: BREAKING: House Republicans Request AR 15-6 Investigation Into Gen. Mark Milley Over Secret CCP Calls)

Posts: 12572 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Holy crap...why dont they jack Panetta up by the Logan Act..

Oh, right, because its only illegal when a Republican does it...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22854 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Treason not really treason- if it's lesser of two treason." Big Grin

I hope that stupid fucker sees this. Not only should he resign, he should be in Federal prison.

BTW, it kills me that everyone references Sun Tzu's book- which has taken on in our culture the quality of bathroom reading: little tidbits to read while you defecate. If you want to read a great book on the subject, read Carl von Clausewitz's The Principles of War.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AS I wrote earlier, Milley majored in Political Science at Princeton. He's not a true military man, he's JAP (Just Another Politician). I think a
little time in solitude (like in a Federal Correctional Facility) would be quite a fitting way
to end his military career.

Such an ending would be a suitable "teaching moment" to other like minded military brass.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know my way around Leavenworth, if he needs a tour........

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael J. Shannon:
AS I wrote earlier, Milley majored in Political Science at Princeton. He's not a true military man, he's JAP (Just Another Politician). I think a
little time in solitude (like in a Federal Correctional Facility) would be quite a fitting way
to end his military career.

Such an ending would be a suitable "teaching moment" to other like minded military brass.

40 percent of army serving general officers were commissioned through ROTC as was Milley. I happen to think he’s a shit weasel but he and a million others earned their commission honorably and are no less professionals than OCS or those commissioned from the ranks. Direct commissions are a different story but that’s not this creep

Posts: 6352 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I don't think the issue is how he was commissioned, but rather what his major was in college.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ And the college.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is not one thing wrong with a direct commission. Period.

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post