SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BATFE rules on Forced Reset Triggers (FRT)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BATFE rules on Forced Reset Triggers (FRT) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harleyman1974:
My buddy had one. It was fun to shoot but didn't run real well until he upgraded his buffer tube. It was fun to shoot, but I like the control better with the Franklin, which is what I decide on. The select fire is a bonus.

Freaking kidding me?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by harleyman1974:
My buddy had one. It was fun to shoot but didn't run real well until he upgraded his buffer tube. It was fun to shoot, but I like the control better with the Franklin, which is what I decide on. The select fire is a bonus.

Nope. He's not kidding. The select fire really is just a bonus.

Seems legit. And familiar.

Freaking kidding me?

Posts: 6442 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44444 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The ATF can do whatever it wants until someone hauls them into court and the court rules against them. Do we know if anyone has challenged this rule yet?

Also, the companies making and selling these trigger are not exactly huge, deep pocketed corporations. Can they fund a suit against the Federal Government, especially if there major product is illegal to sell until/if the court reverses the ruling?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Rarebreed trigger expects a ruling in the next couple of weeks. They also teased a select fire trigger for the AR15 and MP5. Interesting.

Posts: 7739 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Interesting development. Wonder what comes next?

“July 24 (Reuters) - A federal judge in Texas has overturned a Biden administration ban on forced reset triggers, after-market accessories that allow AR-15 type rifles to be fired more rapidly by automatically returning the trigger to its starting position after it is pulled.
U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor in Fort Worth, Texas on Tuesday ruled that, opens new tab the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) had gone beyond its legal authority in 2021 when it decided to classify forced reset trigger-equipped guns as machine guns, which are illegal with very narrow exceptions. He granted judgment without trial to the National Association for Gun Rights, a national gun rights group that had challenged the ban.”

https://www.reuters.com/legal/...gger-ban-2024-07-24/

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 608 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Don’t have any interest in owning one of these, but happy to see Judge O’Connor slap down the BATFE. It would be really nice if the government would focus on enforcing existing laws against criminal conduct rather than spending so much time and energy trying to criminalize products.

Posts: 7063 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ But it's much safer to sit around in their cushy office demonizing inanimate objects than to actually do any real work that requires going after real criminals.

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Totally agree. Just wonder if this is a done deal, or if there will be more from the rocket surgeons at ATF over this.

quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Don’t have any interest in owning one of these, but happy to see Judge O’Connor slap down the BATFE. It would be really nice if the government would focus on enforcing existing laws against criminal conduct rather than spending so much time and energy trying to criminalize products.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 608 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
Just wonder if this is a done deal, or if there will be more from the rocket surgeons at ATF over this.

The judge has ruled the FATF has no legal authority to classify FRT-equipped guns as machine guns. This commie administration can choose to appeal the ruling, but the "rocket surgeons at ATF" can't overrule the judge. They can no longer prosecute those who own the trigger.

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post