SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. Praying for all the men and women who protect and serve.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
thanks sir, slim pickens out here lately

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in my credit Union today and the headlines on the screen said that Minneapolis voted to defund the Police Department, lets see how that works out for them. Fuc*ing idiots!!

Sorry, unable to provide a link.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you think for one moment this isn't staged then I need to remind you Joe Biden has already come out against defunding the police. Now the Democrats can say Joe is a reasonable middle of the road guy, and you can trust him to do the right thing. Now the Democritters can claim they support both extremist and middle of the roaders.

Posts: 593 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, that's not what this thread is about.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Tonight is my tenth 12+ hour night straight.

I’ll be completely honest. If I didn’t make good money and have a pension waiting for me when I’m 52, I’d walk out.

Even knowing that, it’s harder every night.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Thank you Chong, I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now, we appreciate the hell out of what you’re doing, and thanks for taking care of your community.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
My personal gratitude for enduring this very ungrateful time. I drive with a thin blue line patch on a cap in my back window.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Please be safe LEO’s. You’re appreciated more than you know.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Went through a CMV Inspection Station tonight outside Wills Point, Texas (the 512 on I-20) coming back to Dallas.
First time I've seen it open in well over 3 months.

DPS officer asked if I was loaded, I said "Yes Ma'am, I've got a trailer 100% full of tires".
She winked at me and told me to go ahead, they don't usually check stuff on day cab company vehicles..
I told her 'Thank you' and as I started to pull away, I said 'I appreciate you'.
She just smiled and waved me on...

Any time I see an LEO out and about I tell them thank you.
I'm sure they all appreciate it, even if they don't show it..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I waved and gave a police officer a thumbs up today , just thought they might need to know some of us care.

Posts: 5596 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

The monkey abides. Always...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend Damon was murdered at work on Saturday. One of my first beat partners. He has a two year old son and his wife is due with a second child in a couple weeks.

https://www.santacruzsentinel....a-cruz-county-deputy

I always kind of chuckled when I heard guys talking about burning out and couldn’t understand how guys could just drop everything and walk away. The last couple months have changed my views. If I had any other skills I could support my family with, I’d be gone. The thumbs up from normal folks are great, but the constant beat down from the media, the government and the rabid, vocal left is brutal.

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched people burn down the city from the lakes to the river. I never thought in my time I would watch a Blackhawk helicopter fly over my precinct to protect it. I couldn’t even give roll call one day I just didn’t hve the energy, they burnt the precinct where I started my career. It was always my second home.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
As a kid, I can still remember police walking a beat in Chicago. My grandparents, who raised me, would always point to them and tell me if I was ever lost, or needed help, to look for them.

A sincere thanks to all those in law enforcement.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Tonight is my tenth 12+ hour night straight.

I’ll be completely honest. If I didn’t make good money and have a pension waiting for me when I’m 52, I’d walk out.

Even knowing that, it’s harder every night.

Me. Too.

I hate shit, lazy cops. I'm not gonna weight in until the facts are out. If he is guilty, then fuck him. if not, then everyhone shut up.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The police are like oxygen.
You don't miss them until you don't have them.

This country is one that is separated from many countries by an overall very good policing system. I pray that those involved in it are kept safe.

I pray hard for this country should the police really be significantly altered by current efforts. The change could be very hard to come back from.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Why We Need the Police

They save lives and keep New York City safe for all residents—especially the most vulnerable.

Heather Mac Donald

https://www.city-journal.org/why-we-need-the-police

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4ftty4:
My friend Damon was murdered at work on Saturday. One of my first beat partners. He has a two year old son and his wife is due with a second child in a couple weeks.

https://www.santacruzsentinel....a-cruz-county-deputy

I always kind of chuckled when I heard guys talking about burning out and couldn’t understand how guys could just drop everything and walk away. The last couple months have changed my views. If I had any other skills I could support my family with, I’d be gone. The thumbs up from normal folks are great, but the constant beat down from the media, the government and the rabid, vocal left is brutal.

I'm sorry.

Add in the all-too-common lack of leadership and training and I'm there. I can handle almost anything coming from outside the building.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all the law enforcement officers out there, those on the forum and all others too.

I cant imagine how tough the job was before, and now recent events have made it even harder.

Keep the faith, stay strong, stay safe and may God bless you all.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post