SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum supports law enforcement and acknowledges the tough job they do Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have a line of blue LED lights ringing my garage door facing the street. They are lit every night 7/365 as a tribute to our Men in Blue. I don't know if the cops are aware of it, but they're there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I swear to God. Freakin' youtube, always putting age-restrictions on videos well after they are published. There's not a single person at youtube who makes these decisions, who has any sort of proper judgement.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I swear to God. Freakin' youtube, always putting age-restrictions on videos...

For which one is obliged to sign in, which, in turn, requires a YT account, which I refuse to have.

Alphabet (owner of Google, YouTube, etc.) can bite me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
A lot of folks don't grasp that the police do more than investigate crimes after they occur. Their presence deters crimes. Their actions help people.

There are a few knuckleheads on the police forces. Not many, but a few. The police need to keep after that, to prevent those officers from doing things wrong.

But overall, the police and their deterrent effect on criminals is the main thing protecting us.

I think this idea is going to catch on soon.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^That is a lot of cops!

NYPD has about 35,000 cops.

There are dozens of other agencies within the city also. If someone (prosecutors) would unleash them, the cops could do some serious damage to the criminals in the city.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Amazing photo of the NYPD that came out for Officer Jason Rivera's funeral today.

My son is in there somewhere.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
"Teacher" calls for NYPD officers to be run down

Thus guy needs to be fired ASAP. No way he should be teacing kids anything

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
FBI and local law enforcement raid 16 houses 9-1-2022

Federal agents recovered up to $4 million in bulk cash, hand grenades and more than a million fentanyl pills during one of 16 predawn raids Thursday morning in the South Valley and elsewhere in the city, according to federal records unsealed this morning in federal court in Albuquerque.

The simultaneous searches by officers from more than a dozen federal, state and local agencies on Thursday were linked to a new FBI-led investigation of an “intergang conspiracy” to commit murder in aid of racketeering and the distribution of controlled substances in New Mexico and elsewhere, wrote lead FBI case agent Bryan Acee, in a sworn 104-page search warrant affidavit.

The mother lode of the property seized came from a residence in the 1400 block of Atrisco SW, where Jesse Young, aka “Lobo,” was found and arrested, records show. Young is a suspected member of the Sureños, a California-based street gang under control of the Mexican Mafia prison gang, the affidavit stated. It wasn’t immediately clear what charges he is facing, or whether he has a defense attorney.

At the residence, FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration agents also recovered 142 pounds of methamphetamine, 28 firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, seven ballistic vests, marijuana, suboxone, a black Corvette, a 4×4 truck, a four-wheeler and a motorcycle, according to a return filed with the search warrant records.

Those records show investigators believe the Sureños in New Mexico have now teamed up with the ultraviolent Syndicato de Nuevo Mexico prison gang, which has been crippled in recent years by a massive federal criminal racketeering prosecution led by the FBI in Albuquerque and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Las Cruces.

The Sureños are alleged to be aiding SNM members, some now incarcerated in federal prison, to better organize and/or broker the sales of huge amounts of fentanyl and methamphetamine sales within the various Hispanic street gangs in Albuquerque, the affidavit states. Meanwhile, the SNM appears to be outsourcing to the Sureños the job of killing those former SNM members who have cooperated in the federal government’s investigation.

The rise of the Sureño gang in drug trafficking and other criminal activity in Albuquerque comes after more than 160 of the SNM’s members and associates have been arrested, most on federal racketeering, drug or firearms violations over the past seven years of the FBI operation. One dozen SNM members, including the leader of the gang, have been sentenced to life in federal prison for committing violent crimes in aid of furthering the gang’s enterprise and influence. Dozens of SNM members opted to leave the gang and work with the government’s investigation.

The number of Sureños has increased in Albuquerque in recent years, with those being released from federal prison choosing to settle in New Mexico rather than return to California, the affidavit states.

One confidential informant was quoted as saying, “A lot of California Sureños were not returning to California due to tougher laws there, the cost of living, and the fact that New Mexico was ‘an easy place to live…and be us’ (Sureños).”

Bravo!!

https://www.abqjournal.com/252...g-thursday-raid.html

Posts: 1549 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Growing up as a punk ass kid, I thought LEOs were assholes. It was me that was the asshole. I have dear friends that I would call brothers in law enforcement and see how tough their job is physically and mentally. Those that are against law enforcement is not someone I want to associate with. Thank you Para for doing this!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6007 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Too bad that dirtbag isn’t taking a dirt nap. Too many perps like this out there. Thank God for the bystander that came to his aid.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post