SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Full Size SUV will the wife choose?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Full Size SUV will the wife choose? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looks like that particular Denali is going to be a no go as well.
The dealer would only provide an AutoCheck report and I requested the CarFax but they only had the AutoCheck.

AutoCheck says no accidents.

I got ahold of the Carfax.
Carfax says otherwise! Damage to drivers side, passenger side, and the front.

Vehicle repaired and sent to Auction 9 miles later. Has been for sale for nearly 70 days.

Found a 2016 Z71 so I chat with the wife when she gets done from work.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The dealer would only provide an AutoCheck report and I requested the CarFax but they only had the AutoCheck.
AutoCheck says no accidents.

They aren't very accurate.
Unfortunately, my insurance company uses them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Found a 2016 Z71 so I chat with the wife when she gets done from work.

I just wish GM would've kept the OE fender flare kit from the prior gen Z71.
The current ones don't look any really different from a LT to a casual look. always thought the 07-14 Z71s looked great with the factory flares.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The steeper 3.42 gears would be much better than the standard 3.08s (I believe) I would not mind a bit steeper.
Skid plates also a good bonus. The in-laws have a 17 Premier with no plates and have had damage to the front parking sensor wiring twice and the dealer believes to be from constant gravel sling.
I have been looking for skid plates for him but I am told Z71 plates won’t work because the front fascia is different.
Since we are on their gravel lane multiple times a week the plates would be welcome.

Any idea whose shocks they are using for the Z71 package these days? I have a 2000 Silverado z71 and they were Bilstein back then.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
The Z71 truck has been equipped with rancho shocks made to GM specs for quite awhile now. I'm not sure if the Tahoe has them.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The Z71 truck has been equipped with rancho shocks made to GM specs for quite awhile now. I'm not sure if the Tahoe has them.

Well that is disappointing. I doubt they would use different for the same package on the SUVs.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I realize your wife does not like the looks of the new Expedition. It deserves a test drive!

I have previously had a Yukon XL, and a Suburban. The new Expedition is fantastic! I did try a new Yukon previous to getting the Expedition—the Ford was far superior.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why GM uses the Rancho shocks that they do, probably being cheap. They want people to think that they're getting an upgraded shock but it's not the same as the other Ranchos. Ford, Dodge and Toyota have better shocks in their upgraded 4x4 packages. After my warranty is up I plan to get something else.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure why GM uses the Rancho shocks that they do, probably being cheap. They want people to think that they're getting an upgraded shock but it's not the same as the other Ranchos. Ford, Dodge and Toyota have better shocks in their upgraded 4x4 packages. After my warranty is up I plan to get something else.

Price. Several years ago the Z71’s were factory equipped with Bilsteins. GM pays less for the Ranchos than the Bilsteins

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
I realize your wife does not like the looks of the new Expedition. It deserves a test drive!

I have previously had a Yukon XL, and a Suburban. The new Expedition is fantastic! I did try a new Yukon previous to getting the Expedition—the Ford was far superior.

I have tried. She wants what she wants and I am good with that.

quote:

Yup, Ranchos are garbage.
Toyota TRD Sports get Bilstein
TRD Pros get Fox

Looks like Fox and Icon both make kits for the Suburban.

$1200 for the Fox and $1800 for the ICON

Bilstein 5100s are about $450

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Check with Sigforum member Bigswede, it looks like he works at a chevy or gmc dealership and helped get member mark123 a new chevy truck in this thread

sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6730067564

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of the Z71 package, but we needed a bench 2nd row and you don't see that on Z71 very often. You can buy the skid plates for a couple hundred and either cut down the standard front air valence or do what I did and.buy and swap it out with a PPV cop one. I've seen zero mileage difference and I no longer scrape on every parking stop and curb.

Posts: 2601 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose that I am in an apparent small minority but I have completely sworn off on ownership of GM products. I have yet to own one that did not have a multitude of electrical/electronics issues.

There is not a good enough car salesman alive that could talk me into trading for or buying another. With my poor luck with GM vehicles, I cringe at the thought of all the gadgetry on these top of the line Chevys and GMCs that is waiting to fail.

I wish you the best with your decision and purchase. Others don’t seem to have the problems that I have experienced.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
I like the looks of the Z71 package, but we needed a bench 2nd row and you don't see that on Z71 very often. You can buy the skid plates for a couple hundred and either cut down the standard front air valence or do what I did and.buy and swap it out with a PPV cop one. I've seen zero mileage difference and I no longer scrape on every parking stop and curb.

Do you happen to have part numbers.

Ended up driving 3.5 hours one way to get one. She wanted the dark grey or the pearl. Both of which are pretty difficult to find in the configuration we wanted but I finally found one.
I found it early this morning online called the dealer and said I would be there in about 3.5 hours.
Got this one out of Mechanicsburg Ohio a great little farm town. This Chevy dealer is you old farm town Main Street dealer. They also happen to sell the most Silverados of any dealer (not counting fleet dealers) in Ohio.
They were an absolute treat to deal with.
Certified Preowned 2015 LTZ absolutely loaded with 55k miles. Fella bought it new there and traded for a 2020. He wanted the wheels off the 2015 so they swapped them. So these have brand new wheels and tires. I think it looks pretty slick.
I was a touch concerned about the 22s but this thing rides like a dream and there is no buffeting. I tested out numerous highway speeds.
Drove it home took over 4.5 hours to get home due to a wreck but this thing is awesome. Second half of the trip was pretty solid rain and was sure footed at 75mph.

I ordered some WeatherTech floor liners and rear mudflaps to protect that rear bumper.
Hood deflector will likely come next but need to figure out if it uses tape or not for the Suburbans.

————————————————

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
And that is a extremely nice looking vehicle. Hope you get get service life from it.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on finding a great looker. Best of luck with it.

Posts: 7353 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful ride, congrats. As you can see, the front air dam is just a crime, it scrapes lower than my Accord. Here is the thread from YukonTahoe Forum I went off of. I hit a deer last year with it and needed a new bumper and they were supposed to switch it out for free then but they bungled it up and didn't do it and stopped returning my calls so I did it myself. Its a low volume part, so it will run some $400 as opposed to the $75 OEM air dam. There are about 20+ screws holding it on, I did it myself with a little patience and dexterity. Some people just cut it down with a Dremel or Sawzall. I haven't gotten around to installing the skid plates yet. I don't offroad with it, but the only thing protecting alot of engine underside and electronics in there is a piece of plastic. When you chop down your air dam/valance, it leaves it even more open.

Posts: 2601 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Glad she found what she wanted. Looks like it will do what you want it to do. What was the otd price.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Looks great brother. About time you finally nailed down one. It’s a land yacht, but it’s a damn fine one. Congrats again.

The Conquest Knight SV us still cooler. Thus us a damn fine second. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good looking truck with the white metallic (pearl etc.). She should be a happy wife.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post