SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Otto Warmbier
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Otto Warmbier Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
The American College student held by North Korea for over a year, and who was released last week in a coma, has died. A very sad outcome.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They broke him and sent him back because NK is run by a sick puppy.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It was murder.

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Condolences to the family.
Freaking sad news to learn.

NK - after the treatment given while in captivity, didn't want a foreigner to die on their soil.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Do we know what exactly the nork bastards did to him?

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Terribly sad.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Wow, I hadn't heard this till now. Very sad and my heart goes out to his family.

If I was that fat little fuck running that shithole of a country I'd be very concerned for my health. We have a very different sheriff in town now.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Wow that sucks! I wonder if he just realized he was home and called it good.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Sad. Bunch of paranoid murderous bastards. That being said, WTH was he doing there?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm with smithnsig....WHAT the heck was he doing there? I'd bet NK is on the State Dept list of "Don't go there" Countries. I feel sorry for the kid and his Family, but why was he there?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Sad. Bunch of paranoid murderous bastards. That being said, WTH was he doing there?

He was tempting fate and fate took the bait.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
He was basically brain dead when he was returned, very likely due to anoxic brain damage from a cardiopulmonary arrest, based on what I've read of MRI results. There are many potential causes for such an arrest, and probably no way to find out what was the cause in his case. Could range anywhere from septic shock due to infection to strangulation. I doubt it was unintentional.
I feel deep sympathy for his family. Young people always consider themselves immortal until they aren't.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

He was there on a tour organized by a company out of China called Young Pioneer Tours. He must've been looking for an adventure.

And what darth said--tempting fate.

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
This is very sad. My heart and prayers go out to the family. We need to send NK a gift soon.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5519 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, he never should have gone there, second, should never have stolen that banner, or whatever, but those things are no excuse for what they did to him. What really pisses me off is reading comments on social media, with idiots claiming the he did it because he thought his "white privilege" would let him get away with it. This seems to be the narrative of liberal SJWs and angry minorities. Mad

Posts: 487 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Based on what I've read about his medical condition he suffered hypoxia-induced loss of brain tissue throughout his brain, and was unable to speak, see, or react to verbal commands.

I suspect that his parents, realizing there was no hope for his recovery, requested he be taken off life support.

What a terrible decision they had to make, but I think it was the right one.

In fact, were I in the same state, I hope daughter-chan would do the same for me and let me go.

As for the NORKORs, let's say that I feel toward them as I do toward ISIS.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32005 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
So very sad, I would not wish the loss of a child on any parent.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
send in the seals and even the score.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'd be okay if we retaliated. Go ahead and launch a pre-emptive strike to take this fat POS out along with his Nuke program. We will have to do it eventually, why not now?

A 'normal' country would have deported him for his 'crime'. Instead he got what ended up being a death sentence.

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.cincinnati.com/stor...-has-died/410115001/

Parents statement

We would like to thank the wonderful professionals at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center who did everything they could for Otto. Unfortunately, the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today.

When Otto returned to Cincinnati late on June 13th he was unable to speak, unable to see and unable to react to verbal commands. He looked very uncomfortable – almost anguished. Although we would never hear his voice again, within a day the countenance of his face changed – he was at peace. He was home and we believe he could sense that.

His family got only one letter from him after his televised trial. After that, they heard nothing until shortly before June 13, when he was finally flown home.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post