SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Poll: Do you mate your DIRTY socks?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: Do you mate your DIRTY socks? Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It's all fun and games UNTIL a clean sock mates with a dirty sock...the bastard offspring is the thing of nightmares Eek...

So yes...I mate and wash socks to prevent the horror (think of the children).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I buy all the same socks, dozen at a time, so there is never an orphan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
I don't want more dirty socks so I only mate the clean ones. Razz

My first thought was that the dirty ones already mated. Big Grin

Now to answer the OP's question, I don't match up the dirties because they will get separated in the wash. So I see the action as wasted energy.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
You guys never disappoint.
I was serious, but needed the laughs.

Carry on...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the episode of Married with Children when Steve made Marcy safety pins his socks so they always stay together.

When folding the laundry I match socks by the color (or discolored) level and how stretched they are. I just try to find a similar mate.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mating socks is what makes them dirty.

Posts: 4283 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O of course I do, you heathen
O Nope
O Socks ?
X https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJKcdlj-Uiw

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Wife does laundry every other day so no and she does do a good job keeping them together.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sock mating, they're just good friends.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post