SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone 7. Latest IOS update broke cellular data access.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 7. Latest IOS update broke cellular data access. Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Updated my iPhone SE (2nd Gen) to iOS 16.x.x. It obliterated the Bluetooth connectivity to my car. Mad

My wife's 7 is doing fine as is. It shows the 15.7.1 update pending but we aren't going to bother as long as it keeps working for her low use needs.

My SE Gen 2 is running 15.6.1 but wants me to install 16.1.1 but after your experience I'm going to pass.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last phone was bricked. I spent half a day with Apple, a local tech and finally got a new phone. I do not think it is purposeful on the part of Apple. It is more like they try out updates on their current consumers rather than extensive in house testing. I have not done any updates on my Iphone 8 due to that past problem. BTW the cost to upgrade was 200 bucks. I just do not like the hassle of the whole thing.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I did the update on my Gen 3 SE and have not experienced any issues yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Thank guys. There is an update method but it requires iTunes and I don't have that and its no longer available from Apple. There is a software package that says it can downgrade the iOS, but its a pay deal and I have my old Android up and running. All hail the dead iPhone 7. Killed by Apple. No good dead goes unpunished.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Updated my iPhone SE (2nd Gen) to iOS 16.x.x. It obliterated the Bluetooth connectivity to my car. The phone is unusable with the hands-free system. Had lunch with one of my best buds yesterday and had him connect his Galaxy to my car…worked without a hitch.

The EXTREMELY frustrating thing is, I posted the issue on an Apple forum and the Apple “tech” that responded suggested it might be the car. Sorry…this crap was all working JUST FINE until I updated THEIR product to THEIR new iOS version. Mad Mad

I kept loosing connectivity to my car/iPhone 12Pro Max for quite awhile. The latest update apparently took care of the issue.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Thank guys. There is an update method but it requires iTunes and I don't have that and its no longer available from Apple.

Not sure what your OS is, but Apple just released a new Windows version of iTunes, for Windows 10.

Upgrade/install iTunes for Windows 10.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post