SIGforum
iPhone 7. Latest IOS update broke cellular data access.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6970043694

November 18, 2022, 10:33 AM
Blackmore
iPhone 7. Latest IOS update broke cellular data access.
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Updated my iPhone SE (2nd Gen) to iOS 16.x.x. It obliterated the Bluetooth connectivity to my car. Mad

My wife's 7 is doing fine as is. It shows the 15.7.1 update pending but we aren't going to bother as long as it keeps working for her low use needs.

My SE Gen 2 is running 15.6.1 but wants me to install 16.1.1 but after your experience I'm going to pass.

Truth: The New Hate Speech
November 18, 2022, 10:51 AM
ZSMICHAEL
My last phone was bricked. I spent half a day with Apple, a local tech and finally got a new phone. I do not think it is purposeful on the part of Apple. It is more like they try out updates on their current consumers rather than extensive in house testing. I have not done any updates on my Iphone 8 due to that past problem. BTW the cost to upgrade was 200 bucks. I just do not like the hassle of the whole thing.
November 18, 2022, 11:20 AM
stickman428
I did the update on my Gen 3 SE and have not experienced any issues yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
November 18, 2022, 11:46 AM
rduckwor
Thank guys. There is an update method but it requires iTunes and I don't have that and its no longer available from Apple. There is a software package that says it can downgrade the iOS, but its a pay deal and I have my old Android up and running. All hail the dead iPhone 7. Killed by Apple. No good dead goes unpunished.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
November 18, 2022, 04:14 PM
papaac
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Updated my iPhone SE (2nd Gen) to iOS 16.x.x. It obliterated the Bluetooth connectivity to my car. The phone is unusable with the hands-free system. Had lunch with one of my best buds yesterday and had him connect his Galaxy to my car…worked without a hitch.

The EXTREMELY frustrating thing is, I posted the issue on an Apple forum and the Apple “tech” that responded suggested it might be the car. Sorry…this crap was all working JUST FINE until I updated THEIR product to THEIR new iOS version. Mad Mad

I kept loosing connectivity to my car/iPhone 12Pro Max for quite awhile. The latest update apparently took care of the issue.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke
November 19, 2022, 04:25 AM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Thank guys. There is an update method but it requires iTunes and I don't have that and its no longer available from Apple.

Not sure what your OS is, but Apple just released a new Windows version of iTunes, for Windows 10.

Upgrade/install iTunes for Windows 10.

When in doubt, mumble