SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are your passions that we don’t know about......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your passions that we don’t know about...... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Jimbo54,

I finally figured it out. Have another look at the original post above. Page 2.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
Aviation! More specifically radio control aviation. Including everything from small electric helicopters to multi engine warbirds, to very large turbine powered jets and a lot of others that fit in between those categories. I've been in this flying hobby since spring of 1983.

20180528_134847[1] by John Collins, on Flickr

20200802_091804 by John Collins, on Flickr

20200702_104140 by John Collins, on Flickr

20200420_092235 by John Collins, on Flickr

20200420_091835 by John Collins, on Flickr

20200327_175143 by John Collins, on Flickr

20191122_094635 by John Collins, on Flickr
20191109_160246 by John Collins, on Flickr

Your talent and investment to your hobby is staggering to me. Most people have no idea what the cost of Waco radial and turbine engines for RC builds are. Not to mention the hours and skill to build the planes that you have. I'm impressed to say the least.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve Collins:
Aviation! More specifically radio control aviation. Including everything from small electric helicopters to multi engine warbirds, to very large turbine powered jets and a lot of others that fit in between those categories. I've been in this flying hobby since spring of 1983.

Your talent and investment to your hobby is staggering to me. Most people have no idea what the cost of Waco radial and turbine engines for RC builds are. Not to mention the hours and skill to build the planes that you have. I'm impressed to say the least.

Jim

It's definitely an addiction. There are many more but I didn't want to post too many photos!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's definitely an addiction. There are many more but I didn't want to post too many photos!

You should start a thread in the Gallery! I don't know much about RC aviation, but your stuff is truly impressive, and IIRC we have a couple of other members here who could likely contribute as well. I for one would love to see more pics.

For me personally, boondock and primitive camping with my family in our small homebuilt camper is what keeps me going. I only get 2 weeks of vacation per year, but we always load up and go lose ourselves out west for those 2 weeks, and it's the best. I get to employ a lot of my other hobbies as a result...lots of hiking, fishing, backpacking, photography, and just avoiding civilization as a family. The kids get to play in streams, climb mountains, see wildlife, practice a little bushcraft and just be outside in scenery like nothing we have back home. It's awesome.

My dream is to someday get a month or more off to do a road trip to Alaska, and travel around and see a bunch of that state. Even just the tripmto get there looks awesome. I'm not sure when that will happen...getting that much time off work is the biggest hurdle. Don't want to wait until retirement...I'd love to do it before the kids are grown and gone.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post

and

My current preoccupations.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I make guitar pedals and other electronic projects. This one is a Klon circuit for a friend.

I have another on the bench ready for an enclosure that I plan to karma to someone here.

I make YouTube videos about the process: https://www.youtube.com/c/HomespunEffects

The transformers on the bench are for a Marshall 50W that I'm planning to build.

Do you ever make them for sale?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Do you ever make them for sale?
Rarely. I've "sold" a couple but never asked for the money. Big Grin

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post