SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First Day in Heaven - (painting)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Day in Heaven - (painting) Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
As to the surgeon. I know a heart surgeon who tells of a time when he went into surgery not knowing how to repair a malformed valve to save a young patient's life. He felt inspired to just go in and wait for inspiration. When he did exercise faith enough to do that, he said he literally was tutored by personal inspiration what to do and how to do it complete with where to make incisions to form a valve out of what was there. That young life was saved and his method revolutionized heart surgery. I have no doubt at all he was attended by divine power.

I love that story. We are surrounded by evidences of divine love and power. We have not found the end of the smallest particles of matter, and I do not believe we will in this life. Looking outward from our earth into the heavens around us, we do not comprehend 1% of what exists in the vastness of the universe.

Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, my God, man! You need to put a warning label on this thread! I opened it up, saw that painting, and immediately started blubbering like a 4 month old baby!
That is the most powerful image of pure joy that I have ever seen!
Now I am desperately trying to compose myself before anyone else sees me.

Thanks.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This picture moved me to tears! What a wonderful depiction of what we all can look forward too!
Thanks for sharing this. It truly made my day!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I can't help believing that final moment of release that all prayers have been answered in Christ..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news about your reunion, highroundcount!!

That got me to thinking...the first time I saw this painting I instantly thought, "Mary sees Jesus for the first time since he ascended into heaven and jumps into his arms". Not sure why I chose that scenario with which to associate the painted event...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post