SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Relocated to Arizona!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Relocated to Arizona! Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I would imagine it is much the same as here in Michigan in the winter, just in reverse. Remote start the car to let the A/C cool it down, run from the air-conditioned house to the air-conditioned car.

I've lived here around 17 years and I've only seen a couple of people do that.

Most just get in, start up and go.

OTOH, I did do it when I lived in Alaska but only because it was easier than trying to scrape the ice off the windshield.

My Jeep has remote start. I use a lot in the summer, and a fair bit in the winter. I don’t run, and to that note the remote start is just a convenience. Many times, it’s just as you said, get in, start up and go.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Use it here to start the car and either cool it down or, if on a short jaunt into the post office, keep it cool. Remote Start disables the ability to select a gear for the transmission, so it can't be driven off without the fob present.

Got the cooled seats feature too dang good feature!

Enjoy AZ, be sure to take the kids down to Tombstone, great fun, history, then down to Bisbee..

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
^+1 to what HRK said^

14 years after we moved to the Sonoran Desert we finally bought a Jeep with remote start/cooled seats.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’ve just been starting the truck and going. Open the windows, blast the air, blast the seat vents and roll it all up once the hottest air is blown out.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Get a windshield reflector for the front window. Will help lower the heat load. Even after 30 minister. Don't wear shorts and jump onto leather seats. Careful if the steering wheel.

Might also want to look at a dashboard cover to keep the material from cracking. Not terribly expensive. But worth it.

Down here I never drive my car any length of time with less than half a tank of gas. Not worried about running out of gas as much as I am worried about running out of AC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yeah, I’ve just been starting the truck and going. Open the windows, blast the air, blast the seat vents and roll it all up once the hottest air is blown out.

Yeah, that's what I do.

Welcome to Arizona, Smudge. Hope it lives up to your expectations.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Yeah, that's what I do.

Welcome to Arizona, Smudge. Hope it lives up to your expectations.

Thank you! Loving it so far!

Hey, would you mind telling me the name of that grocery store you mentioned in the other thread recently? Email if you prefer, or here is fine, too. We’ve been going to Safeway and Walmart, but that’s just because they’re close. We’re out by the airport if that matters.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Check out AJ’s Fine foods. They’re pretty great.

https://www.ajsfinefoods.com/locations/

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

Will do! Gotta head out in a bit and grab a few things, may as well just go there!

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

Will do! Gotta head out in a bit and grab a few things, may as well just go there!

Bring your wallet as they're pretty pricey although before Covid they had 1/2 off sales on their meats twice a year which brought the price down to a more reasonable one. You can't beat the quality of the meat, though (no pun intended).

I go to Fry's Supermarket and hit the manager's specials pretty heavily and Senior Day (First Wednesday of every month) gets you 10% off your bill.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post