SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Relocated to Arizona!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Relocated to Arizona! Login/Join 
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Safe travels! I just sent you an email with my contact info. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to help you get settled or figure stuff out!

Cheers

Alan

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Smudge just now texted me that he is at this moment driving out of his driveway.

As his much, much older forum big brother ... I will be keeping tabs on his journey.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
As his much, much older forum big brother ... I will be keeping tabs on his journey and will share his travels if he does not have a chance to do so.

Good deal. Safe travels for him and his family!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Morning, all. A friend of mine in Ogden insisted I get a good night’s sleep last night. A full eight hours on a good bed in his cool finished basement guest room was far preferable to a couple hours sleep in a Walmart parking lot, so I’m glad I took him up on the offer. Got the truck reloaded and waiting for him to wake up so I’m not leaving his house unlocked while he sleeps. Anyway, last twelve hour stretch ahead of me. Gonna cut through Moab and on down. Looking forward to the scenery. North east Oregon was maybe the most beautiful place I’ve seen in this country. Idaho and Utah were a gradual transition to desert, and a very nice drive. Northern Utah was strong headwinds that knocked a couple miles per gallon off the trip, but something new to see around every corner. Anyway, off I go.

quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Smudge, not sure if you got my email. I would like a link to your house for sale. You can post here or email to me. Thanks.

Thanks for your inquiry, but you don’t want my house. Far more issues than an old IPhone. Wink

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Ed, just seeing this now as I’ve been quite busy lately. Glad to see you’re on the way, and should be at your new place in Mesa now.
Let me know when you’re all settled in. I’ll make the trip down and we can get an icy soda and some lunch. If you want a few degrees break from the heat, feel free to head up here. Lots to see and do in this area.
You have my number, don’t hesitate to call.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulation
I've been to Mesa and Phoenix, they have nice area's too.

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 26, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Mesa. The NE part of town is nice and so is the north central area where there are orange groves. The east part of Mesa is fast growing with lots of tech companies moving in. Once you get past your first summer you will like it here.

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Smudge, I am way better at fixing house's and property then electronics Wink

Would still like to see where and what it is.

Send me a Redfin link or give me the addy.

Thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Made it into town safely a few nights ago. Fourteen hours on the road that day, straight shot from Ogden, Utah all the way to Gilbert. Such a drive was a first for me. I’ve mostly slept since then, in between unloading the truck and trailer and grabbing a meal and a swim when I can. Really glad to be here, and very excited to start this new chapter of my life in a completely new place.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Adulation‘s in order brother!

Long road… glad you got there. Miss you already.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Welcome to sunny (it's a dry heat) AZ! After 21 years here I still love it.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Lucky for you, you’re experiencing the hottest weather of the year so far. Nice timing…

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
^^^ Pretty sure the timing was nonnegotiable.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Lucky for you, you’re experiencing the hottest weather of the year so far. Nice timing…

It was July, or they offered the opportunity to someone else.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I would imagine it is much the same as here in Michigan in the winter, just in reverse. Remote start the car to let the A/C cool it down, run from the air-conditioned house to the air-conditioned car.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed your updates driving down Smudge ... good to know your trip was uneventful. I have also driven this route a few times so gave me a peek into memory lane.

Glad your "cargo" arrived safely and you are settling in. Hopefully our paths will cross again.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Pretty sure the timing was nonnegotiable.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
It was July, or they offered the opportunity to someone else.

Not sure whether to file these under "N" or "S" for no shit? I have skimmed through this thread a few times.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
In that case, it goes in the same file as “it’s hot in Arizona in July.” Big Grin

That’s the first thing basically everyone I told I was moving responded with. “You know it’s really hot there, right?” I started replying with “wait… it is?” with the best look of surprised consternation I could muster.

Regarding the heat, I’m doing fine with it. Probably won’t venture out into too many hours of mid afternoon, especially when it gets up around 120 or so, but yeah, it’s the Sonoran desert. It’s kinda like the Chihuahuan desert I grew up in, but with Warner Bros cartoon cactus.

quote:
Enjoyed your updates driving down Smudge ... good to know your trip was uneventful. I have also driven this route a few times so gave me a peek into memory lane.

Thanks, yeah I took a lot of photos. Apple made a little video for me that turned out pretty nice.

quote:
Glad your "cargo" arrived safely and you are settling in. Hopefully our paths will cross again.

We absolutely will. I’ll have to come visit some time. We made too many friends never to come back. Besides, we need to take our son to Rainier and the Pacific peninsula because we just never got to it. I’ll keep you in the loop.

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Smudge ... sounds good, I would like that. At least with technology now days we can stay in touch in many ways.

Looking forward to seeing your photos ... I have some along that route that I will share with you by way of email. Be fun to compare.

Mount Rainier is a beautiful visit, and it is the "Olympic" peninsula ... not Pacific, though it does border on the Pacific Ocean.

Another great trip is Whidbey Island with a visit to Fort Casey, one of the three forts protecting the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Fascinating history that is worth reading.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I would imagine it is much the same as here in Michigan in the winter, just in reverse. Remote start the car to let the A/C cool it down, run from the air-conditioned house to the air-conditioned car.

I've lived here around 17 years and I've only seen a couple of people do that.

Most just get in, start up and go.

OTOH, I did do it when I lived in Alaska but only because it was easier than trying to scrape the ice off the windshield.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post