SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Relocated to Arizona!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Relocated to Arizona! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Moved to Prescott Valley, AZ from CT in 2015.

Love it here. Up 5000+ feet. Not as hot as the valley and we get snow. Never get tired of looking at the mountains.

Moved my guns and ammo/powder/primers in a 5x10 cargo. Way overloaded. Probably considered a weapon of mass destruction in a few states. Let the mover do the brass and bullets.

Never had much of an opinion on CA folks, but we do now!

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smudge, dont forget us here in Seattle-ish who remain with the hostiles.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Well, I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I'll be going through Phoenix in late September (a tour ends there and I've 2 nephews in the area). Maybe could have a FTF.

flashguy

Thanks! I'd like that. Please be sure to shoot me an email before then so we can plan it out. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Never had much of an opinion on CA folks, but we do now!

Ugh, I can imagine. We see Cali plates up here, but not a ton of them. I was all excited to move to a free state, and then it dawned on me that I'm moving closer to CA. Oh well, just means it's time to get active politically and try to offset their burgeoning influence however I can on the local level of the political system.

quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Smudge, dont forget us here in Seattle-ish who remain with the hostiles.

I'll keep the good people of this state in my prayers. We/you don't deserve the way it's swirling the drain. I typed up a lot of thoughts about it, but you and many others here know everything I'd want to say about it, and at this point, it doesn't even need to be said. Good luck, and God bless.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a smooth transition from this member in flyover country! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Movers are almost done loading the truck. Tomorrow, I load the guns, ammo, and the stuff we’ll need during our time in temp housing into the my truck and the uhaul trailer, and off I go. I’m driving solo. Going to go east, cut through northeast Oregon, then through Idaho, Utah, veer east through Moab so I don’t have to drive over the bridge at Powell Dam, then on to Gilbert. Half my guns are illegal in California, and I don’t want to drive through Nevada because I’m already moving to the desert, so this is my route.

Wife’s company will pay for 45 days in a furnished apartment. There’s zero action on our house, it’s been shown to exactly one couple. We dropped the price today, cleaners come Saturday, open house Sunday. Really hoping and praying we get just one decent offer, then we can get serious about a new home. Biden’s economy has fucked us out of at least a hundred thousand dollars worth of home value at this point, probably much more than that when it’s all said and done.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Movers are almost done loading the truck. Tomorrow, I load the guns, ammo, and the stuff we’ll need during our time in temp housing into the my truck and the uhaul trailer, and off I go. I’m driving solo. Going to go east, cut through northeast Oregon, then through Idaho, Utah, veer east through Moab so I don’t have to drive over the bridge at Powell Dam, then on to Gilbert. Half my guns are illegal in California, and I don’t want to drive through Nevada because I’m already moving to the desert, so this is my route.

Wife’s company will pay for 45 days in a furnished apartment. There’s zero action on our house, it’s been shown to exactly one couple. We dropped the price today, cleaners come Saturday, open house Sunday. Really hoping and praying we get just one decent offer, then we can get serious about a new home. Biden’s economy has fucked us out of at least a hundred thousand dollars worth of home value at this point, probably much more than that when it’s all said and done.
On the real estate appraisers forum, seattle area appraisers are being laid off, quitting, retiring, and getting second jobs.

I hope you're able to move your place. I wish you well, and safe travels. I have a friend who's exodusing Oregon right this minute. He chose a route similar to yours to avoid trouble. He's headed further East though.

Safe travels! I'm happy you're getting out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Smudge I too pray you get a decent offer on your house.

Sadly the reality that few are seeking to locate to the libtard infested insanity that is the Seattle area is impacting you. If I'm wrong old_dino can set me straight.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Smudge I too pray you get a decent offer on your house.

Sadly the reality that few are seeking to locate to the libtard infested insanity that is the Seattle area is impacting you. If I'm wrong old_dino can set me straight.

You are not wrong sir ... spot on. The only sunshine in this insanity is my daughter looking to buy a place close to us.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
P220 S, email sent. Thx

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes
Enjoy the valley of the sun (stroke)
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the desert, you picked a hell of a time to come. Supposed to be 112 degrees on Saturday. Safe travels and good luck selling the house.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
Welcome to the desert, you picked a hell of a time to come. Supposed to be 112 degrees on Saturday. Safe travels and good luck selling the house.

But it's a dry heat. Besides, that's why God invented swimming pools and beer.

After 17+ years here I'm pretty used to it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh, my wife’s company chose the date. When she said her start date was July 15, it was definitely one of those “are you shitting me?” moments. That’s ok, we went down there several weeks ago and there was a day where it was 112, and I think a day where it got a few degrees hotter than that, and at 8% humidity, it was far preferable to days in Florida in the 90’s with 90% humidity. I was born and raised in El Paso, so I think I’m gonna be fine. My wife is from Florida and likes that swampy atmosphere, so I think she’s going to struggle a bit. My 8 year old son is excited and thinks it will be an adventure, plus the apartment the company set us up with for temporary housing has a couple pools. It will surely e an adjustment, but I figure with the timing, it’ll be really hot for a few months, and then we’ll head into fall and winter.

About to have some coffee and breakfast, then head over and load up all our stuff into the truck and trailer, finalize a few things, and then I’m on the road. On the whole, our time in Washington was really good, but I’m glad to be getting my son out of here now. Seems to be about perfect, timing-wise.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
When you get here, try to get acclimated as quickly as possible.

What we did was, one of us would sit out on the patio for a half hour, the other would be inside in air conditioned comfort.

Every half hour, we switched and got acclimated pretty fast. If you stay inside in air conditioned comfort all the time, it'll take a long time to get acclimated.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and good luck on the sale of your house!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Also, from personal experience, get in the habit of drinking lots of water throughout the day. It's good for you anyway.

Also, sun screen is your friend.

Also, getting a couple of humidifiers would help. When we got here, we were surprised we were cold at 77 degrees inside the house. What I learned is you feel cold because the moisture is evaporating from your body making you feel cold.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Bon voyage ... Smudge !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Smudge, not sure if you got my email. I would like a link to your house for sale. You can post here or email to me. Thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
He’s hit the road, spinning wheels southbound…

We all know moving is super stressful; ride easy brother. Safe travels!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post