SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Working on divorce number 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Working on divorce number 3 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
3X loser myself. Never again. The cat and I are happy. I am hyper aware of red flags now.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Ha! I know some old widows who are happy w/out that husband…

Must work in both directions.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

No shit, otherwise wouldn’t be fucking divorces Aristotle.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6323 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
As the old saying goes:

"Remember that no matter how handsome and charming OttoSig is, someone somewhere is tired of his shit!"

(Or someones somewheres, as the case may be...)

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
As the old saying goes:

"Remember that no matter how handsome and charming OttoSig is, someone somewhere is tired of his shit!"

(Or someones somewheres, as the case may be...)

I’ve used that quote more than once, one thing I ain’t is easy to deal with lol.

Posts: 6323 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Women marry men hoping they will change, Men marry women hoping they won't.
After my first divorce I said I would never marry again, after 20 years of shacking up I got married again, and nothing changed.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:

No shit, otherwise wouldn’t be fucking divorces Aristotle.

Ha ha ha

How did you ever know that my parents came so very close to naming me that… Lol ha ha ha

Love is the answer brother

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry for your trouble. I have no advice, but I can imagine the spectrum of emotions you must have experienced. Best hopes to you.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29708 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
It may not make you feel any better, but both my brother and I are trying to find relationships after happy marriages to our late wives, one of whom passed due to a stroke and the other cancer. The dating scene out there is terrible. At this point we are both increasingly inclined to remain single. Something seems to have happened to women since we first met our wives decades ago. Wish it were not so. Good luck on your journey!

Posts: 162 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you have to through this again. I have been divorced once. If ever I have to go to divorce again, I will stay single, and live alone with my dog. Live a quiet and simple life, stress free. See my children and grandchildren if they want to see me. If not, I have some pictures.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoosehornMan:
After my first divorce I said I would never marry again, after 20 years of shacking up I got married again, and nothing changed.

And that probably sums up the reasons for the majority of the divorces out there.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

And that probably sums up the reasons for the majority of the divorces out there.

… because if you’re growing, change in people is inevitable.

~Robert A. Heinlein

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Best of luck. Just live your life and do the things you like. Don't fall into that "I'm lonely" trap. Even if it takes a while, the right partner will come along. In the mean time have the time of your life without judgement. Go hunting, fishing, clubbing, whatever interests you. Take care of your health. It will affect your appearance and likability. I did that for 5 years after my first, very unfortunate marriage. I found the freedom rewarding, and met the girl I'll spend the rest of my life with without really working at it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OttoSig, I recommend a 2-3 week trip to Thailand to aid in your recovery.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Got a friend 57, his new wife expecting in January she's 32.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I think its time to just stay single, plan my retirement, and learn to be happy with just the dog.

It’s a damn good life man, nothing to have to learn. Outside of work it’s personal freedom and the free agent lifestyle. Do what you want, when you want, and unless it’s you spending money with your hand with cash or swiping a card, or a click click click on a screen or keyboard, all your accounts stay the same. If you don’t spend money magically none of your accounts get $ removed. It can be a beautiful thing. That saying about lemons and lemonade.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Geeze, man, I hate that you're having to go through that a third time. I know what your saying about that second one, though... sometimes I think I'd like to be able to just erase that event from my own timeline.

Hang in there, sir.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I know I'm a lucky man, my second "one" has lasted 30 years.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The kind of change you're talking about is not the kind of change I'm talking about. I'm talking about women who become full on whores, dopers, alcoholics, shrews, bitches and so forth.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The kind of change you're talking about is not the kind of change I'm talking about. I'm talking about women who become full on whores, dopers, alcoholics, shrews, bitches and so forth.

I agree.
GOOD = growing/developing
BAD = Changing