SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SEC Championship - Alabama vs Georgia
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SEC Championship - Alabama vs Georgia Login/Join 
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I definitely agree with mark_a.
I don't think Notre Dame even remotely deserves a #3 ranking. A few teams should have beaten them. Hell, Vanderbilt should have beaten them.
And, if you don't play in a conference championship game, you really shouldn't be eligible for the playoffs.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Now...if Northwestern can beat Ohio State Wink

Don't think it will matter. I think OK will get the 4th spot.

Bama
Clemson
ND
OK
Almost correct. Allow me to make the one necessary correction.

Bama
Clemson
ND
UCF Razz Smile

Still undefeated across two seasons.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
UCF... Did they even play any ranked teams??? I will say they make ND's Schedule look TOUGH. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am not a dawgs fan, but they should play Clemson. Ala plays ND.

Oklahoma defense sucks.
Ohio St is letting 8-4 NW hang around, and the Perdue lost is unforgivable.

Clemson's defense is really good I'd love to see GA play Clemson.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Hurts will never have to pay for a drink in any bar in Alabama for the rest of his life.

Jim

Not quite. He would be tossed out on his ass in any bar in Auburn if he shows his face there!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I am not a dawgs fan, but they should play Clemson. Ala plays ND.

Oklahoma defense sucks.
Ohio St is letting 8-4 NW hang around, and the Perdue lost is unforgivable.

Clemson's defense is really good I'd love to see GA play Clemson.

One thing I heard from the talking heads at halftime was that Bama earned the right not to have to play the Dawgs again, and that kind of made sense to me.

While you make a valid point about OK, their defense was better today. I think in the end (unless Ohio St goes on a BIG run in the last 10 min) OK will get the nod as #4.

If the Dawgs hadn't lost to LSU, I buy the argument but 2 losses seals the deal IMO.

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:
Hurts will never have to pay for a drink in any bar in Alabama for the rest of his life.

Jim

Not quite. He would be tossed out on his ass in any bar in Auburn if he shows his face there!

Hahahahaha!! War Eagle!!! (class of '85).
Did I ever tell y'all about the class I took with Bo Jackson? (This is when my children usually shut me down)...

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The Bulldogs should be in the top 4. That is if we really want the best teams in the top 4. What Notre Dame is doing in the top 4 is a mystery. They’d get throttled by Bama, Clemson and UGA.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3985 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:

Jim

Hahahahaha!! War Eagle!!! (class of '85).
Did I ever tell y'all about the class I took with Bo Jackson? (This is when my children usually shut me down)...

My neighbor was PR manager for the Royals when Bo got the All Star MVP. I was in the yard and my neighbor waves me to come to his car, he points to the back seat to a package, its Bo's MVP trophy. I regret not asking to heft it.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The Bulldogs should be in the top 4. That is if we really want the best teams in the top 4. What Notre Dame is doing in the top 4 is a mystery. They’d get throttled by Bama, Clemson and UGA.

Notre Dame should be top 4 as the system works now. They beat three ranked teams including Michigan. If you expand the playoffs to 8 teams (I’m in favor of this), they might get ranked 4 or 5 as things stand now.

Alabama has beaten Georgia, so they are out IMHO. Georgia has two losses against two tough ranked teams, playing 5 ranked teams in total. Of the two remaining teams vying for the fourth spot, I think you still have to give it to Oklahoma. TOSU already jumped four spots last time, and it doesn’t make sense to me that they leapfrog over OK.

Regardless of how much of a whipping ND might take from either Clemson or ‘Bama, for now, they are a top 3/4 team.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Notre Dame should be top 4 as the system works now. They beat three ranked teams including Michigan. If you expand the playoffs to 8 teams (I’m in favor of this), they might get ranked 4 or 5 as things stand now.

Alabama has beaten Georgia, so they are out IMHO. Georgia has two losses against two tough ranked teams, playing 5 ranked teams in total. Of the two remaining teams vying for the fourth spot, I think you still have to give it to Oklahoma. TOSU already jumped four spots last time, and it doesn’t make sense to me that they leapfrog over OK.

Regardless of how much of a whipping ND might take from either Clemson or ‘Bama, for now, they are a top 3/4 team.

The ranked teams ND beat were weak except Michigan. And ND not being required to play in a conference championship should automatically disqualify them.

The fact of the matter is they are not among the top four teams in the country. I couldn’t believe it yesterday when Herbstreit actually admitted they should be dropped to number 4 and UGA should take their place at number 3. That’s something for him to admit that. I’ll even add Oklahoma to the list of teams that are better than ND.

ND is going to get embarrassed, again, like they did in the 2013 national championship game.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3985 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
ND is going to get embarrassed, again, like they did in the 2013 national championship game.

I suspect so.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
quote:

I suspect so.
Yup. Between OK, tOSU, Georiga, and ND, I'd rather play ND in the semis.

posted Hide Post
How bout Clemson 1, Bama 2, ND 3 and GA 4? That’s how I might do it to give GA a shot at getting to the title game.

Posts: 1141 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23427 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
How bout Clemson 1, Bama 2, ND 3 and GA 4? That’s how I might do it to give GA a shot at getting to the title game.
GA had their title shot last night.

They lost, 35-28.

Had they not gotten pummeled by LSU, they might have made it. Might.

Either way, Bama shouldn't have had to face them in the semis. I mean how many times do they have to beat them?

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ PIC of Jalen

A little over the top? This sort of thing used to be rather common place when we had TEAM in football. I will admit he is a nice contrast to Kelly Bryant of Clemson and all those other QBs who jumped ship because they were backups. Wimbush is playing a similar role at ND, and I am sure there are others.

Posts: 17366 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ PIC of Jalen

A little over the top? This sort of thing used to be rather common place when we had TEAM in football. I will admit he is a nice contrast to Kelly Bryant of Clemson and all those other QBs who jumped ship because they were backups. Wimbush is playing a similar role at ND, and I am sure there are others.

Not really. He had a chance to go and start elsewhere. He said he came to Alabama to get a degree (he graduates in April). These guys are NFL caliber athletes that have a chance to be set generationally if they play their cards correctly. Times are different now. They are given a chance to transfer after the first 3 games and only lose that year. Saban talked to him about transferring. Said he had to get a backup ready. Told him he would help him go somewhere and be a starter, but he needed to know. Jalen stayed in a backup role to a younger player. Usually this the death knell for furthering your career.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is sad that for many of these athletes, college has become the farm team for a chance to play in the NFL. Sadly, the average playing time is four years in the NFL, and that does not make you fixed for life. Allowing these kids to be in school for five years to finish their degree was bad enough, much less allowing them to transfer to another school so they could perhaps gain a starting job.

I am proud of Joe Namath. He got his Alabama degree not long ago. Broadway Joe now shills for Medicare Advantage plans.

Posts: 17366 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
This is good!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/2cYvSrtz15c

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23427 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post