SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SEC Championship - Alabama vs Georgia
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SEC Championship - Alabama vs Georgia Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Lotsa sad Dawgs.

Cool for Hurts to come in and win the game for Tua this time around.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Wow, that fake punt cost GA.
Yeah, dumb move.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Fourth and 11 on the wrong side of the field and Smart opts to call for a fake punt. Really?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
My power is out and couldn’t watch. What happened to Tua?

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Lotsa sad Dawgs.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Incredible game!

Nobody will beat Alabama.

Tua: his foot/ankle got stepped on, not clear the extent of the injury.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:

Got his ankle stepped on by his teammate. Bad sprain?

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:
His left ankle got rolled early but he stayed in until the 4th, when one of his own players was blocked into him and cleated his right calf / ankle.

Hurts came in after that and led them to two 2 TDS (one passing, one rushing).

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Fourth and 11 on the wrong side of the field and Smart opts to call for a fake punt. Really?
Yeah the anchors mentioned he faked a FG attempt vs LSU and lost, faked the punt here and lost as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Incredible game!

Nobody will beat Alabama.

Tua: his foot/ankle got stepped on, not clear the extent of the injury.
He was out of the tent before the game was over with his helmet on, so it seemed like he could have played if needed but with Hurts Rolling no need to.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Tua has been "off" since the knee injury. His numbers haven't been anywhere near the numbers before the injury. Noticeably, he hasn't been as accurate passing either. Thankfully, Jalen pulled it out. I thought maybe Saban would put Jalen in sooner than he did but it worked out. Was worried how healed from ankle surgery Jalen was too. Guess he's okay. I think when Tua went down and Jalen went in, it inspired the whole team to do their best on both sides of the ball. Hopefully Tua will be healed up for the January games. The last TV camera shot of coverage tonight, showed Tua riding off the field on a cart after the ceremony. Tua needs all the rest and healing he can get. It isn't all over yet. More Bama football to play.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!

Posts: 4730 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Now...if Northwestern can beat Ohio State Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

Don't think it will matter. I think OK will get the 4th spot.

Bama
Clemson
ND
OK

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

Don't think it will matter. I think OK will get the 4th spot.

Bama
Clemson
ND
OK
It's going to be a fight for 4th, but I think OK is in unless Ohio State puts on a Football Clinic.

I think the Georgia Dawgs can compete vs any of the other potential #4s, but with 2 losses & no Championship vs 1 loss & Champs, I don't think it will sell with the committee. If they hadn't lost to LSU, it would be a much closer discussion.

posted Hide Post
Yes. I think the selection committee is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that Bama won. I can't see them putting GA ahead of a conference champ with only 1 loss. The SEC champ game is a defacto play in game.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I think the Georgia Dawgs can compete vs any of the other potential #4s, but with 2 losses & no Championship vs 1 loss & Champs, I don't think it will sell with the committee. If they hadn't lost to LSU, it would be a much closer discussion.

Agree, I think Georgia could compete with, if not dominate most in the top 5 but 2 losses and no conference championship pretty much knocks them out of the playoff ... I would think.

Posts: 4730 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Agree, I think Georgia could compete with, if not dominate most in the top 5 but 2 losses and no conference championship pretty much knocks them out of the playoff ... I would think.

And honestly I think what they are missing is some critical play calling, the fakes that haven't worked and getting conservative against Bama in the 4th (at times).

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Going forward, I'll be a bit surprised if it isn't Alabama and Clemson for the championship. Seems a pretty easy prediction to make but the football rolls funny sometimes, so we'll see. Gonna be some great games to come.

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I still think if you don't play in a conference championship game you don't get in. ND plays a mediocre schedule and the committee falls all over itself to let the money the Irish in.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'll tell ya, from a guy with no dog in the hunt, that was one hell of a game. Hurts will never have to pay for a drink in any bar in Alabama for the rest of his life. Great game!!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post