SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SEC Championship - Alabama vs Georgia
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SEC Championship - Alabama vs Georgia Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
#1 Alabama at #4 Georgia at 3:00 Central Time on CBS. Depending on which of the 5 odds services you believe, Alabama is a 12 to 13 point favorite (use 12.5 to eliminate ties).

In under a decade, Saban has created a dynasty that parallels or exceeds anything in the history of NCAA football (Rockne, Bear, Bo, Woody, etc).

As far as this season, statistically Alabama is likely to lose 1 game against somebody they should beat. They could lose the SEC championship and still get a play-off berth and win the national championship. They could win the SEC championship and lose in the play-offs. I'm writing this for two reasons:
  • 4 out 5 national championships Saban has had at Alabama are with 1 loss teams (i.e. only 1 national championship with an undefeated team). You know what people said all 4 years? That's right, "nobody is beating Alabama." Out of the blue they've lost games they were predicted to win against LSU ('11), A&M ('12), Ole Miss ('15), and Auburn ('17).
  • Then, there are the years Saban hasn't won a national championship at Alabama. You know what people said all 4 years (intentionally excluding year prior to winning 1st national championship)? That's right, "nobody is beating Alabama." 3 losses in '10 (SC, LSU, and Auburn), 2 losses in '13 (Auburn and Oklahoma), 2 losses in '14 (Ole Miss and Ohio State), and 1 loss in '16 (Clemson).

I'm a college football nut and I don't have a dog/dawg in this fight, but my heart says:

My brain says, Alabama wins and covers.

What are y'alls predictions?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I'd rather have luck
    than skill any day
    Picture of mjlennon
    posted Hide Post
    I hope your heart is right. Wink

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of TigerDore
    posted Hide Post
    I think Alabama wins by 3 TDs. They have amassed an illicit and highly-paid team, but their coach gets the most out them and right now they are on a level that is above any Alabama team I've ever seen. Unless they get injured or lazy, they are probably going to cruise all the way to the national title.

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    Jawja could win, but I think it's 'Bama by at least 20 all said and done.

But like the OP I have no dog in the fight, just like seeing good games and competition.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Ugh...i wish they could both lose.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    I'll take Alabama and give you the 12.5 points.
    Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
    -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
    -rduckwor

Posts: 24130 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Roll Tide Roll!

I think it will be very close and that GA could pull off the "upset" but I am rooting for Bama.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    It's not easy being me
    posted Hide Post
    It truly pains me to type this, but I believe Alabama will win. By maybe 17 points.
    One of Alabama's greatest assets is their depth.
    I think their third string players could probably go 8-4 in a season.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Hobbs
    posted Hide Post
    !!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!

Posts: 4705 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Go dawgs!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Plowing straight ahead come what may
    Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
    posted Hide Post
    Well here we go Big Grin...some where in those stands are my brother, sister in law and my two nephews Big Grin...go dawgs!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
    Making the best of what ever comes our way
    Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
    And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
    Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Info Guru
    Picture of BamaJeepster
    posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
    - John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Not to good...now even worse Frown...Bama, I think roll may have started Wink

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Or not Razz

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
    Both sides still trying to figure it out.

posted Hide Post
    Dawg draw first blood.

posted Hide Post
    Tie game.

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
    Not any more Big Grin...this game is in no way over...when the very best (Alabama) meets the next best (Georgia)...you get what you paid for Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin...said Bisley as he sucks down another chicken wing Smile

Jimmy Buffet

Fool for the City
    Picture of MRMATT
    posted Hide Post
    Another 7 for the Bulldogs.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Yeah we got a game - the Jawja Dawgs came to play!

Tua is waaaay off his game, trying to make too much happen.

But wait until Sabin conducts some satanic rituals at halftime and threatens the team with death...