SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the most important thing you've learned on Sig Forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the most important thing you've learned on Sig Forum? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
We all use Sig Forum probably more than Google for real in depth answers and probably have not been lead incorrectly. One of the things I've learned, not really from answers but the quality of people in our little community of imaginary friends. You all have helped me with being a dad, a husband, a business owner and friend! Thank you all!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6017 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
...One of the things I've learned, not really from answers but the quality of people in our little community of imaginary friends...

There! I totally agree. Smile

Q

Posts: 26506 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well said and spot on.

Folks here are extremely generous with their counsel, advice, and wisdom. One could say this forum is a great port in a storm too.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16257 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
As one of the lessor educated members, I have benefited tremendously from the collective knowledge that is SF. I think it falls into two categories:

1. Practical knowledge. What to buy. How to fix. How to use. Etc. I can’t single out one item; all the knowledge has been valuable in some respect. And expensive sometimes too Smile

2. Social-political-economic. I’m still very naive here. But I think I have a better understanding of the importance of being educated and well informed. Leading to what it means to be free and what it takes / the costs associated of being free.

SF makes me a better person.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Don’t argue with large raptors.

It never ends well.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Ask, read, pay attention.

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve learned that it’s not worth giving up on people yet. Which I was heading towards.
Most here are compassionate and caring, and when it’s warranted, you can be direct and frank without being rude. This place is a gem to me.

Posts: 981 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I’m not alone. One is none and two is one. Get some grease.

There’s so much more but it boils down to these things.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5168 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have learned that some of the most generous and selfless people I've ever intersected with are right here. I am often inspired by what you folks do for each other and your fellow citizens.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Search before you post a new thread.
Read the the thread before you make the decision to contribute.

Sharing knowledge and obtaining knowledge are great reasons to post.
Nobody comes here to bicker, quarrel or change the world.

I must have done something right in the last thirty years.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54712 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
In a world that's going crazy there is some sanity left. Sure enjoy finding it here.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That its a group of like minded but still individual people.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16126 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not to tick off Para. (Not always, unfortunately.)

Seriously? Too many things to list. Logs of great information here, about guns, politics, and general getting along.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
To survive here I've learned to grow a thicker skin, a greater appreciation for the talents of others, and a wider frame of reference.

Maybe not for me to say, but I feel I'm better for it.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Just because you type up a response, it doesn't mean you need to click the "Post Now" button.

/hovers the mouse over the "Post Now' button./ Razz

Posts: 7382 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have learned that I don’t know as much about shooting as I thought I did and even less about forums and computers.

Thanks for all the great reading.

Posts: 580 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Not a thing, but things. That this forum is an oasis on the internet. There is humanity, generosity, a genuine willingness to help what are otherwise total strangers brought together by a common appreciation of firearms, intelligence and understanding, a wealth of knowledge of an incredibly wide variety of subject matter. A feeling of "simpatico", for lack of a better term.

Posts: 12185 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've lost count of the new things I have learned here on the forum. I love learning something new.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
We have an amazingly wide variety of people with so much knowledge and there are also so many good hearted people here.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8671 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
The most important thing I have learned here is:

Compared to some other members on here I know Jack shit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post