SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the most important thing you've learned on Sig Forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the most important thing you've learned on Sig Forum? Login/Join 
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
there are still good people in the world (this is a most generous forum, with advice from experts in most any field to karmas, just awesome

and, that you can't have too many guns.
also, that people actually sell ones they don't need or use (mind blown)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2017 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure it’s the most important thing, but this afternoon I learned a lot of impressive shit about George Washington.

Posts: 26949 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I once wondered what it would be like if every member of the board could be in the same place at the same time for a huge gathering
Probably OK, as long as it's not in Guam.

Guam will tip over if too many of us go there.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1089 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I once wondered what it would be like if every member of the board could be in the same place at the same time for a huge gathering
Probably OK, as long as it's not in Guam.
Guam will tip over if too many of us go there.
Exactly! That was my point.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30738 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] https://youtu.be/aTto5j32B-0 [/FLASH_VIDEO]You do it to yourself

For some reason, I can't post this shit proper. You get it. Whatever, you turds.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26506 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
[FLASH_VIDEO] https://youtu.be/aTto5j32B-0 [/FLASH_VIDEO]You do it to yourself

For some reason, I can't post this shit proper. You get it. Whatever, you turds.

Well, posting at 3AM probably doesn't help LOL, and you can't put a url in directly from the video you want to display like when you are inserting an image, which is what you did, that won't work....

How to imbed a utoob Video on SF

In Utoob:
1) Click on the Share Icon below the video, you'll get a pop up,
2) Select the Embed Icon, when the Embed Video screen pops up,
3) Click copy.
4) Return to SF thread.

In your Reply on SF:

1) Return to the reply window,
2) Click the video icon in the bar at the top (looks like movie film)
this will place code in the reply window for the video, [flash video ]
[/ flash video ] code that SF inputs into your post..
3) Paste the Embed code you got on utoob between the inserted code prompts
4) Make any comments outside of the code and click Post Now

Bobs yer uncle!

Posts: 23590 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have learned that the SF cost me money, Smile always find discussions of stuff that I need, well want is a better word.

Seriously though, this is such a great group of folks. Thanks for having me.

Posts: 426 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
1) How to build my own AR ($$$$$)
2) Meeting some of the nicest people on earth, and when I was in need, someone was able to hold out a hand to keep me from sinking.
3) A few have become some of my very best friends, and we contact each other outside of the forum.

Stay in your lane, don't break the rules and you will enjoy the forum.

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pace40:
Mimi's is THE one stop shop for any and all things jewelry related. Big Grin

Came to post this one!
Can't believe it took 3 pages

Dave is the man!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15383 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Buy a Glock and get some damn grease!

P.S. We also have cat pictures...

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
To read not only the title of a post but the post it self before posting a reply.
Also read as many of the responses as possible before posting as to not repeat what someone already posted.

Treat everyone here the same way I want to be treated.
Kindness goes a long way.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2579 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Don't poke the Boss.

Posts: 11338 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
That the Russian Tro-lo-lo sound is the truest music, all other singing is just a wishful distant artistry.

Big Grin

Posts: 3506 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
From my very first day on this forum (2005) ... this forum welcomed us with open arms
I have met so very many wonderful folks here and have watch amazing love & compassion for folks who were hurting and some were at the end of their rope. Within mere minutes .. SF Angels literally jumped into action.

I remember hearing grown fellers says they had something in their eyes and they needed to step away from their computers to take care of that.

This always has been an amazing place filled to the brim with Amazing Angels.
Some are gone now but I just know that there are a few “ Old Angels” still here and some “New Angels” have slid into their places.

Anybody lucky enough to be A member here ... should count their blessings. For there is No Place On Earth like SF.
I Am Among The Blessed
Love You Guys & Gals
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Hi Donna, I totally agree. The biggest thing I have learned is the breath of great people here is incredibly long and wide. Unbelievably so.

The love, compassion, concern, desire to help, support, to share, to provide wisdom, etc. You name it. It happens here every single day.

When I joined almost 20 years ago. I had no idea.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19255 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have learned that the wisdom and knowledge and helpful nature of our collective membership is something unique to the internet.

I will never forget the surprise I felt when a very generous fellow member sent me 50 rounds of 9mm because they were interested in my Sig Pro reduced power mainspring project and the progress pics I had been posting. This was during one of the first great frenzy gun & accessory purchase periods when ammo was almost impossible to find and thus my Sig Pro project had stalled. The membership here is incredible.

I don’t know if it was the most important thing I learned but the member many many many years ago who taught/helped me figure out my P226 Navy’s contrast sights and my aiming issue is definitely up there. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I've learned that if you are traveling to a specific locale here in the USofA just mention it here on the forum, someone from just down the street from where you're going will gladly offer up invaluable advice!!!

You can also meet life-long friends in some of those locales!!!

Posts: 1994 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
How to listen.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8807 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
It is truly all the things already posted before this. And because of these many things, what I've learned is in todays troubled world...

I always look here for my sanity!!

The info is a huge bonus Big Grin

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2020 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post