SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The immeasurable value of Twitter under the guidance of Elon Musk
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The immeasurable value of Twitter under the guidance of Elon Musk Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Since Harvard gets worst score ever in FIRE’s College Free Speech Rankings, one may assume they find free speech disagreeable, and Twitter/X is all about free speech, so I can understand why the leftofascist from Harvard would say that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
One hopes that they one day gain the level of intelligence necessary to truly understand how stupid they are now. But I'm guessing that they reached the limit of their competency.

And not so much to express regret for their folly but to die from embarrassment.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13085 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's really remarkable watching just how angry and even frightened these globalist pricks get with Elon Musk, it really bothers them that he's just out of their grasp and control:

https://x.com/disclosetv/statu...998221040214050?s=20

quote:

The World Economic Forum elites flocked to Switzerland in their private jets and helicopters, and will stay there all week with arch globalist Klaus Schwab at the helm.

A juicy tidbit has already emerged, with Harvard Professor of the History of Science Naomi Oreskes and President of Swiss universities Luciana Vaccaro whining about how “dangerous” "problematic” X is.

Oreskes declared “For a long time, I was on Twitter, And now it’s become such a toxic place that I’ve concluded it’s not a worthwhile place to spend time. And as you said, it is exhausting.”

She continued, “So you do have to pick and choose, and you have to think about where the place is, where you can get your message across. But I am trying to figure out, I mean, I have given up on X. What a scary name that even is, right? And I don’t know what the alternative is right now.”

Musk responded to the comments, noting “X is literally just a letter from the alphabet lmao.”

Watch: Globalist WEF Speak Complains 'X' Is "Toxic, Scary", Musk's Policies Are "Problematic"

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Hell. Your alternative is hell. Any snowflake that gets scared by a fucking letter has NO message I remotely care about. For fucks sake, I'll never understand how these people get a voice.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13085 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
So if Musk can buy Twitter / X and fix it, I'm sure he could buy CNN for an even cheaper amount.

Not that they have much of an audience left, but it would sure piss some people off.

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Elon Musk is escalating his DEI battle against Disney by telling his 171 million X followers to contact him for 'legal support' if they have been 'discriminated against by Disney or its subsidiaries.'

The billionaire, 52, opened the door for a wave of lawsuits a day after he decided to foot the bill for fired actress Gina Carano's wrongful termination lawsuit against the company, after she compared the US political climate to Nazi Germany.

In his latest threat against Disney, Musk's offer to followers came as he shared a woke 'inclusion standards' guideline that he said was sent internally to Disney producers.

The guidelines detailed four standards for new shows to meet, including having 50 percent of regular characters coming from 'underrepresented groups', and specific training and opportunities exclusively available to minorities.

Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Musk's legal threats when contacted by DailyMail.com. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/13056329

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, I'm surprised no one has posted that Musk has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...e-speech/ar-BB1iBgzW

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I believe Joe Rogan and his JRE podcast is also important in the quest to fight against those who would limit, censor, and suppress free speech. May I suggest you listen to his recent podcast with Bret Weinstein. They talk at length about Elon Musk, censorship, Fauci, and the “diabolical” Left that is attempting to assert itself all over the Western World.

Posts: 13564 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm surprised no one has posted that Musk has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
I'm even more surprised that these Obama-loving bastards place any value at all upon freedom of expression. All of that MISINFORMATION is a danger to globalism.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It is impossible for our Constitutional Republic to survive without free speech. I’m grateful to those champions of free speech who have emerged in recent years.

Thank you

Posts: 13564 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Return of the Pronoun Police

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It was perhaps only a matter of time.

CNBC ran the story early this morning (2am) headlined, “Brazil Supreme Court justice opens inquiry into Elon Musk, escalating dispute over misinformation.” It’s a cage match: Elon versus the country of Brazil.

On the Lord’s Day yesterday, apparently not observing the Sabbath, Brazil’s enraged Supreme Court declared Elon Musk of being a “criminal instrumentality” and obstructing justice by refusing to hand over identities behind certain social media profiles. They have opened a criminal investigation of the billionaire. Here’s the villainous judge, Alexandre de Moraes, behind the newest lawfare operation:

Nope, not creepy at all. Judge Moraes is the mastermind for a broader inquiry into so-called “digital militias,” a term he came up with to describe people he accuses of “spreading misinformation online” to attack “democratic institutions in Brazil.” But the rest of the judge’s judicial resume is even more impressive.

Judge Moraes was the one who declared former President Jair Bolsonaro ineligible to run for president in 2023 — for “spreading false information.” Democracy! declaring former President Bolsonaro ineligible to run for office in 2023 due to spreading false information. He has already ordered criminal investigations into and outlawed Telegram, for “spreading disinformation” and disobeying his orders to remove harmful content. More democracy!

Finally, and you’ll love this one, Judge Moraes personally oversaw the investigations into the January 8th, 2023 attack on government buildings in Brazil’s capital — which the judge calls an attempted coup. Meaning, an insurrection, but you probably already sussed that one out.

More. Democracy. And. Harder.

You see, democratic institutions are very important and must be protected. In turn, democratic institutions staff with elites like Judge Moraes protect everyday citizens’ basic rights like freedom of speech. So whenever citizens’ basic rights threaten the institutions, then the rights must give way, if you follow the logic. Clearly, the institutions and the elites protecting the rights are more important than the rights are themselves.

“You keep using that word DEMOCRACY. I do no think it means what you think it means.” — Inigo Montoya (paraphrased).

Brazil is practically sprinting toward third-world s—hole status. At which point it will catch up with the United States.

Musk, for his part, remains defiant. The billionaire tweeted that fine, he’ll publish everything the judge wants on Twitter — but also he’ll publish everything they got from the judge, which Elon said would prove the judge is the real criminal:

Stay tuned!

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This entire Brazil story is remarkable.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk Says X Will Defy Order From Brazil's Supreme Court After Twitter Files

Owner of X Corp. Elon Musk said on the platform Saturday evening that the company had decided to lift all restrictions on Brazilian accounts targeted by an order from the nation’s Supreme Court.

“We are lifting all restrictions. This judge has applied massive fines, threatened to arrest our employees and cut off access to X in Brazil. As a result, we will probably lose all revenue in Brazil and have to shut down our office there. But principles matter more than profit,” Mr. Musk posted, notifying of X’s decision.

The announcement came in response to reporting by investigative journalist Michael Shellenberger, and colleagues David Ágape and Eli Vieira, titled, “TWITTER FILES BRAZIL.”

In his reporting, Mr. Shellenberger cites records released by X, formerly Twitter, during Mr. Musk’s 2022 takeover that allegedly show that “Brazil is engaged in a sweeping crackdown on free speech led by a Supreme Court justice.”

https://twitter.com/shellenber...-after-twitter-files

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-after-twitter-files

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This judge appears to be a batshit crazy totalitarian. I'd love to hear tomorrow morning that his bullet-riddled body was found in the street.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
An Australian Senator has called for X owner Elon Musk to be jailed for life for refusing to adhere to the Australian government’s demands to remove a video of the brutal attack on a Christian Bishop in Sydney last week by an apparent Muslim extremist.

quote:

In comments to Sky News, Independent Australian Senator Jacqui Lambie charged that Musk is “creating hatred” by ignoring requests to remove “harmful content.”

“I think he’s a social media knob with no social conscience, he has absolutely no social conscience,” she said.

“Someone like that should be in jail and the key be thrown away. That bloke should not have a right to be out there on his own ideology platform and creating hatred, showing all this stuff out there to our kids and doing all the rest,” Lambie added.

The Senator for Tasmania also declared she would be boycotting X, proclaiming “I’ll be switching off X today, I’ll be doing that before I get to the airport this afternoon, and I suggest that the other 226, there’s 227 members of Parliament, do the same thing. Show him that you mean business.”