SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jimmy Hoffa investigation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimmy Hoffa investigation Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
That story has been out there for awhile and is probably what happened. Cremation makes more sense than bizarre stories of burials in stadium end zones. The simplest solution to a puzzle is usually the correct one .

It looks to me like cremation isn't always available, judging by the mob hits that did not take advantages of those advantages.

Yeah but for a high profile target like Hoffa, you'd think that if they were going to do it for anyone, it would be him.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
That story has been out there for awhile and is probably what happened. Cremation makes more sense than bizarre stories of burials in stadium end zones. The simplest solution to a puzzle is usually the correct one .

It looks to me like cremation isn't always available, judging by the mob hits that did not take advantages of those advantages.

Yeah but for a high profile target like Hoffa, you'd think that if they were going to do it for anyone, it would be him.

Sure, but you need reliable facilities conveniently located, not always something available.

I assume you can't just look up one in the yellow pages and drop off your subject for further processing.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Sure, but you need reliable facilities conveniently located, not always something available.

I assume you can't just look up one in the yellow pages and drop off your subject for further processing.[/QUOTE]

"He was later told Hoffa was cremated at a mob-connected funeral home."

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
"He was later told Hoffa was cremated at a mob-connected funeral home."

Yeah, I'm guessing there were a few of them around Michigan back in them days.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

I assume you can't just look up one in the yellow pages and drop off your subject for further processing.[/QUOTE]

"He was later told Hoffa was cremated at a mob-connected funeral home."[/QUOTE]

Indeed, a happy convenience in Hoffa's case but not always available for run of the mill mob hits, my original point.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
No matter what one thing is for sure. He is still dead.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UFOs, Amelia Earhart, Sasquatch, Jimmy Hoffa... I believe that the only thing we'll ever know for sure, is that we're never going to know for sure.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Seeing how Hoffa has not been seen in 35 years and would be 104 years old now I think it would be safe to say: Jimmy is dead Jim.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
While I have obviously no inside knowledge, but upon looking at things like "motive" and "opportunity" it is pretty had to think that anyone but organized crime is responsible for Hoffa's death.

They had the most to lose from him, and the most to gain.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of bodies that organized crime is responsible for that have both never been found, or never been solved.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Bill the Cat's prayer: "Oh Lord give me the strength to swiftly kill those that piss me off and the wisdom to hide their bodies where they can't be found."

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
The story I heard years ago was that Hoffa was bumped off on the orders of Russell Bufalino. Jimmy was causing too many waves for the Teamster/Mob hierarchy and had to go away. After Jimmy was hit, his body was taken to a nearby pig farm, disassembled, and fed to the pigs. Nothing was left after the pigs were done. The pigs themselves were later taken to a slaughter house and turned into tasty animal flesh consumer products. Life goes full circle.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this point what difference does it make?

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
At this point what difference does it make?

Highly unlikely the suspects are still alive, or at least the ones that ordered the hit...

But the hitmen might still be.... And the ill gotten gains might still be traceable by forensic accounting.

Would be nice for closure for the family, and to seize the ill gotten gains of the mob...

You know... not being a fan of criminals and all...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
so what makes youse guys tink he wasn't cremated and his ashes put in widt da dry cement that wuz mixed up an used in da end zone at Giants stadium huh, everyone keeps talking about a body, what body...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Back in the day I had heard Florida Everglades and wood chipper.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:

Right state and disposal unit, wrong dead guy, this happened in 1992, true story...

http://articles.orlandosentine...mency-roger-richmond

Killer Asks For Mercy As Battered Woman
August 20, 1998|By Jill Duff-Hoppes of The Sentinel Staff
An Oviedo woman who stabbed her boyfriend to death in 1992 is asking for clemency on the grounds that she was a battered woman.

Michele Roger's case will be heard later this year by the Clemency Board in Tallahassee, said Edie Ousley, spokeswoman for Gov. Lawton Chiles. Roger is asking to be released from prison on time she has served.

Roger was convicted in August 1994 of second-degree murder with a weapon and sentenced to 17 years in prison. She said her boyfriend, David Richmond, often abused her and she killed him in self-defense.

Roger, a former topless dancer, said Richmond threatened to kill her and tried to push her face onto a hot stove burner the night she killed him. She stabbed him at their Oviedo condominium on Sept. 6, 1992, and then rushed to her parents' home for help.

Her father, Will Roger, admitted to burning Richmond's body, putting the skeleton into a wood chipper, mixing it with concrete and dumping it into the ocean off New Smyrna Beach.

Her brother, Ken, helped remove and dispose of the body. They were sentenced to two years of probation.

Her mother, Agnes, was sentenced to probation for not reporting Richmond's death.

Jim Richmond, the victim's father, doesn't believe Roger's allegations of abuse.

``This was a ploy used during the trial and found not to be plausible by the jury,'' he said Wednesday. ``My family does not want to see clemency granted.''

Richmond was notified this week by the Office of Executive Clemency that Roger's case will be heard Sept. 17. Ousley said the case might not be heard until December. The Clemency Board, made up of Chiles and the Cabinet, meets quarterly.

Chris White, chief of operations for the State Attorney's Office in Sanford, had not been notified as of Wednesday about Roger's plea for clemency.

``I think our office will more than likely oppose it,'' White said.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post