SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Birthday, V-Tail ! ! !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday, V-Tail ! ! ! Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Add me to the growing list as well, have a great B day....

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, V-Tail.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1936 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Posts: 12939 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Thank you, everybody. I really appreciate all the good wishes that you have sent my way.

quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
!יום הולדת שמח
That's tomorrow.

I was born in 1937. The date was January 11 on the Gregorian calendar and 28 Tevet on the Hebrew calendar.

The two calendars treat leap years differently, so they do not stay in lock step, they drift back and forth a bit. Because of this, January 11 and 28 Tevet do not fall on the same day in most years, which means that I usually have two birthdays.

January 11 is on a Monday in 2021; 28 Tevet is on Tuesday, so my two birthdays are one day apart this year. Last year, the gap was two weeks.

So, "Happy Birthday" is the appropriate greeting for me on January 11, and as kz1000 said, !יום הולדת שמח is appropriate on 28 Tevet.

One other note: People who are really fluent in Hebrew can get along just fine, reading without the vowels, as in kz1000's post. I need the vowels, take a look at my CUT to see what they look like.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30756 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday V-Tail!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4055 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday V-tail!
Same day as my brother.

Posts: 7387 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Sir!! Hope you have a fabulous one!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4021 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday V-tail

your still exactly 30 years ahead of me and I hope we get to share many more birthdays

Posts: 1847 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!!! I hope your day was relaxing!

Posts: 852 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Vtail

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4845 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Sir!
Best wishes for many more and for many more happy landings!

Posts: 6928 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday V-tail! Hope it was a great one!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20856 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday V-Tail, you got me by 20. Hope it's a great day for you!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Happy belated birthday

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23348 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy belated!!!!

Posts: 4069 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What’s that Lassie? It’s V-Tail’s birthday again?

Happy Birthday V-Tail!

I remember because my wife’s twin brother’s wife shares the same birthday as his twin sister’s husband along with Alexander Hamilton and Carroll Shelby, today.

Posts: 11035 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post