SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You lay awake every night, wondering HOW & WHY wombat poop is cube shaped
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You lay awake every night, wondering HOW & WHY wombat poop is cube shaped Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I thought shitting bricks was just a saying

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wonder - if you give a million wombats a million bales of mixed fodder and a million years, can they recreate Mao's mausoleum in Tienanmen Square?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
When you were a kid, wasn't there a joke about the "Ooh-aah" bird?
Lays square eggs.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah.... Poop! I stopped reading the article when I got to the Wombat selfie. Now I am fully in-formed!
And a better person for having the full story!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that scientist really knows his shit!

Mom must be proud.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
For anyone who's curious, this is a wombat:

DSC_2665.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

I must confess that 1. I didn't know that wombat poop was a parellelopiped in shape; 2. I therefore have not worried much about how or why.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Look at the claws on that little fella!

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have wombats been around for enough eons that there might be wombat coprolites to make into jewelry? I have a small dinosaur coprolite that is kind of neat but I wouldn't make that turd into a necklace, it looks just like a piece of poop.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2876 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And no real explanation of the cube forming process.

You didn't read the article, did you. Smile

Here's a tease- "We currently have only two methods to manufacture cubes: We mold it, or we cut it. Now, we have this third method,"

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I've known some guys who were really square, and they were assholes, too. What I don't know is if they had square assholes.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Childhood toys lied to us, a square peg coming out of a round hole..

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
So it stays stacked better in the warehouse.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Cubic poop? Sounds like the name of a band. Not a good band.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Maybe NSFW

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I don't believe this shit.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post