SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rangers stink!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rangers stink! Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
How does a MLB team go from 10-2 starting the 7th inning lose 13-10?

This isn't the first time they have blown a lead, or been stomped mercilessly. The day before, they had two position players pitch a couple of the last innings.

Arrrrgh!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Go 'stros! Razz

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Look at the bright side...

They aren't the O's... and you don't live in Baltimore!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Dammit, A's gaining ground on my ever sinking Mariners.

I have never liked Bannister fwiw.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure if I was opening a thread about bass boats or park police. Wrong on both!

Posts: 8958 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let’s go A’s! They’ve been on a tear lately and are fun to watch. Being on the other end of that kind of comeback must be rough.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Dammit, A's gaining ground on my ever sinking Mariners.

I have never liked Bannister fwiw.

And to add stupidity to the equation, there's talk of them trading Ryan Healy who had 2 homeruns, a single and 6 RBI's the other day. Typical Mariner management. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Jimbo, that is because of the deal the previous amateur GM Jack Z signed Cano to franchise destroying contract That we are saddled with untin he is 40 years old.
Healy has not been bad, but not great either. Mister hit into a double play a bunch.

I wished they would trade Seager and move Healy to 3B. I have watched Seager fail in critical situations for years. He sucks imho.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Jimbo, that is because of the deal the previous amateur GM Jack Z signed Cano to franchise destroying contract That we are saddled with untin he is 40 years old.
Healy has not been bad, but not great either. Mister hit into a double play a bunch.

I wished they would trade Seager and move Healy to 3B. I have watched Seager fail in critical situations for years. He sucks imho.

Oh, I agree and can't argue against your points.

It's just frustrating to see them make poor decisions and moves in the second half of the season every year. They at least have the best pitching roster they have had in a long time. I hope they don't mess with that. When is the trade deadline anyway?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Go 'stros! Razz

Yeah!

Don’t get me wrong. Being a native Houstonian, I am a natural Astro fan, but our cable system carries Ranger games, all of them. I started watching before last year, and was attracted by the fun the Rangers seemed to be having. They played with what seemed like enthusiasm, love of the game, Andrus and Beltre, Odor, et all. After 40 years in San Diego, this was very exciting.

Sure, they might not be the best, but they were pros, had some real talent, made most plays and many outstanding ones.

That has not been true this year. There are far too many amateur sandlot goofs, off line throws, fumbled grounders, dropped fly balls, misjudged, out of position. The first basemen don’t handle bad throws well reliably. Odor and Andrus seem adequate barely, inconsistently. Pitching is ineffective mostly.

Every once in awhile, one of them makes a real pro quality play. Most of them have been hurt, too.

Last night was a real beggar’s crossroad.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Could always have the disappointment of being a Tiger fan Frown

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm a lifelong Detroit Tigers fan, and took a shine to the Astros my very first visit to Enron Field (previous name for Minute Maid Stadium) somewhere between 2000 and 2002. Despite living in the outskirts of Dallas for 2 years, I never became a Rangers fan even though I enjoyed going to their games. I enjoyed the Angels when I lived in SoCal for 3 years.

Any ways, it makes me smile looking at the American League Wild Card standings seeing both the Stros and Tigers ahead of the Rangers:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Jimbo, non tender trade deadline in July 31
As far as their pitching it is borderline. Felix is terrible. Paxon is a wussy. I would trade him in a heartbeat.
Gonzales has been our best.
Leak is decent and Lablanc has been better than expected.
We do not have a good farm system of young pitchers moving forward. So not good for the future.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

It starts with a player on the other team making it to first base.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Quit your bitchin!

<----- Seattle Mariners Fan.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Sorry Phantom, you are right. Best year we have had in years.

Own a Seager jersey? Wink

Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Look at the bright side...

They aren't the O's... and you don't live in Baltimore!

Yeah well, the O’s beat us 2 of 3 this month IN Baltimore, so there’s that!

As for blowing leads, the Rangers have been known to do that more than once a season. When you boil it all down, at leas for me, I’m enjoying watching the new kids play. Kinder-Falafa, Guzman and others. Profar needs to go away, he’s been up here on and off for years and never had the talent to stay. He doesn’t treat the game like he wants to play and he’s way too error prone for the amount of time he’s been up here.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

It starts with a player on the other team making it to first base.

No, inconsistent bull pen pitching!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have nothing to complain about, try being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan. I gave up 10 years ago.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Astros are heating up a little, and have played very good baseball all season. It is fun to have them be good.

Sorry about the Rangers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post