SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Minneapolis: Home of the "Glock Switch"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minneapolis: Home of the "Glock Switch" Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's "Wish"?

A discount shopping app filled with Chinese bullshit. If I remember correctly, they were first labeled “airsoft switches,” although they were drop in for real pistols.
quote:

I’m fairly sure the best source for .50BMG ammo in Oregon was shut down over their 80% switches. Not that anybody could have seen that coming.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
My advice is to not perform searches for these gadgets.
You can perform a Google search, no problems.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Depending upon which DNS servers your search hits, you may end up on a watch list. G-o-o-g-l-e

Also, I have to say that if the problem with these gadgets become epidemic, it's a problem for legal gun owners. If they can't control these auto sears because they can be 3D printed, how else might the feds impact the issue?

Magazines

There are millions of Glocks and billions upon billions of 9mm rounds. Can't do much about that. One of these gadgets will dump 17 rounds in a little over a second, but the 33 round Glock mags, and the crappy 50 round ProMag drums, well, those might be in danger. Don't get me wrong- I wouldn't have a 50 round ProMag if you gave it to me, but that is beside the point.

The Biden administration is already trying to ban larger capacity magazines. That fire needs no fuel.

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
We had a local police officer shot in Gary a while back. The news article I read referenced a full auto Glock. I thought that was just media hype, I stand corrected.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
3 years ago there was a short time where a lot of these were coming in to our region and many were confiscated and people were arrested and charged federally, with cooperation between our local agency and several federal agencies (to include USPS).

As I recall they were being sold on that one Chinese commerce site where one goes to buy cheap knock-offs of whatever you want direct from the commies.

It seems to have died down in this area.

Posts: 6382 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
In one tragic incident a minor was allowed to shoot a full auto short weapon and put the last round thru his skull.

I don’t recall that incident, but it wasn’t too many years ago that an adult lost his life while “instructing” a young child with a mini uzi if I recall correctly. The adult was behind the child, but not down low enough to support the child/control the weapon. Physics happened and he took at least one round in the head. I don’t remember if it was in Arizona or Nevada, but there was a tremendous amount of handwringing from the anti-gun crowd for a bit.

Posts: 6926 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
In one tragic incident a minor was allowed to shoot a full auto short weapon and put the last round thru his skull.

I don’t recall that incident, but it wasn’t too many years ago that an adult lost his life while “instructing” a young child with a mini uzi if I recall correctly. The adult was behind the child, but not down low enough to support the child/control the weapon. Physics happened and he took at least one round in the head. I don’t remember if it was in Arizona or Nevada, but there was a tremendous amount of handwringing from the anti-gun crowd for a bit.

It was in Arizona just short of the Nevada border. I go by that place every time I drive to Las Vegas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/0...l-9-in-accident.html

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

I believe there was hand-wringing by folks on both sides of the issue. It was a terrible tragedy and should have been prevented. The antis will never stop trying to use laws to fix lack of common sense, and the schools are doing their damnedest to reduce the level of common sense in the public.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, it's a federal offense. I've never had the impression the feds decline to prosecute anyone illegally in possession of automatic weapons or auto sears.

Would it be illegal if it's not completed past the 80%, or installed, basically is possession a violation of law.

If you had one, but didn't own a Glock firearm (I know impossible, everyone has a Glock) is it illegal and a federal offense even if you couldn't use or install it..

Kind of like when I form 1 to my MPX, couldn't install the fixed brace until it was approved.

Could I own the fixed brace, and the MPX, and then since they were not attached to each other its not a violation, without the brace attached it's not an SBR it's still a pistol (MPX)

Or is that incorrect.

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Not everyone has a Glock--I have 80 firearms and not one is a Glock. I don't think I have any plastic guns.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Or is that incorrect.

The part itself is serialized and is considered the "machine gun," same as an auto sear...I believe.

So if that's true, then simply owning one would be the same as possessing an automatic weapon i should think.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Or is that incorrect.

The part itself is serialized and is considered the "machine gun," same as an auto sear...I believe.

So if that's true, then simply owning one would be the same as possessing an automatic weapon i should think.

This is correct

Posts: 5168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could I own the fixed brace, and the MPX, and then since they were not attached to each other its not a violation, without the brace attached it's not an SBR it's still a pistol (MPX)

Or is that incorrect.
I believe the question you are asking is in regards to “Constructive Possession”.

Constructive Possession exists when a person knowingly has the power and intention at a given time to exercise dominion and control over an object, either directly or through others. US v. Turnbough, 1997 U.S. App. LEXIS 11886, *6.
Link

I believe there is a fair amount of muddy water, that one would want to avoid regarding “Constructive Possesion”.
Having both pieces to the puzzle under your control could be a risky endeavor.

In regards to these “Glock Switches”, I am certain that they would be classified as a Machine Gun.
Simply being in possession of one with or without possessing a Glock would be a felony.
However, at this time I do not have a link to validate what I believe to be true.
A lightning link is a machine gun, a DIAS is a machine gun, an auto sear is a machine gun, so it would only logically make sense that these Glock switches would be a machine gun, in and of itself.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for some evidence of this stuff you posted.
quote:
quote:
Don't know how they mechanically function, but when this first came up decades ago, it was a piece of "tin foil" used to activate it. There was a story about how it got accidentally inserted and caused the problem.

Apparently folks were carrying Glocks in gym bags or purses then and created situations where uncommanded discharges would occur.
Yeah? Show us some links.

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:

Or is that incorrect.
I believe the question you are asking is in regards to “Constructive Possession”.

Constructive Possession exists when a person knowingly has the power and intention at a given time to exercise dominion and control over an object, either directly or through others. US v. Turnbough, 1997 U.S. App. LEXIS 11886, *6.
Link

I believe there is a fair amount of muddy water, that one would want to avoid regarding “Constructive Possesion”.
Having both pieces to the puzzle under your control could be a risky endeavor.

I think constructive intent is what you're looking for in the ATF/NFA context.

There is also some cause for concern in the way Form 1 suppressors are being handled right now where the interpretation of what constitutes "suppressor parts" is different today than it was in the past. Applying a similar interpretation to other NFA items could be an issue.

Posts: 5168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I think constructive intent is what you're looking for in the ATF/NFA context.
That’s what I originally searched for but then saw the article I linked to which referred to it as constructive possession.
I am not a lawyer, however after reading the article, constructive possession appeared to be the appropriate term, so I utilize that terminology.

After more searching, I am becoming more confident that “constructive possession” is the proper legal terminology.
Here is a court case resulting in a 78 month sentence.

UNITED STATES of America, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. Jason Christopher KENT, Defendant-Appellant.
No. 97-8425.
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE ELEVENTH CIRCUIT
175 F.3d 870; 1999 U.S. App. LEXIS 8413; 12 Fla. L. Weekly Fed. C 777

“A short-barreled upper receiver unit and a Colt AR-15 lower receiver unit were found in appellant's small apartment. The units could be connected quickly and easily, creating an operable short-barreled rifle.”
Link

Additionally an on-line law dictionary returns a definition for constructive possession, but not for constructive intent.
Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
These things have been around for a long time: https://www.thefirearmblog.com...ock-fully-automatic/

Read thru the comments there and you see we still haven't got far in understanding full auto laws in America. Add 16 million more new to guns owners and it's an uphill battle.

As for finding a link on Google which suppresses lookups, sorry, no can do. It's bait. We don't post home made ways to turn weapons into full auto, standard forum practice since the internet went free access. BTW, if they were making these backplates ten years ago, it was discovered long before that how simple it was to convert them. Heyday of the AR drop in auto sear back then, too, and yeah, a lot of state troopers in the Midwest had them.

No, I don't have a link. I worked with some in the Reserves in OK and MO. Word of mouth.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize they had SN and that would be considered the auto firearm, interesting...

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn't realize they had SN and that would be considered the auto firearm, interesting...

Yep.

Same way with drop-in auto sears for an AR15. The little auto sear itself is serialized and is the registered MG. The AR you install it in is just a host.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised we're not seeing a lot of black market AR15 autosears available. Or maybe they are, but I'm just not in the loop.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post