SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    F-35 Stealth Fighter Goes Missing Near North Charleston After Pilot Ejects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F-35 Stealth Fighter Goes Missing Near North Charleston After Pilot Ejects Login/Join 
posted
https://www.zerohedge.com/mili...n-after-pilot-ejects

An F-35 stealth fighter jet disappeared on Sunday afternoon following a mid-flight "mishap," Joint Base Charleston wrote on X.

Joint Base Charleston continued, "The pilot ejected safely," but said, "If you have any information that may help our recovery teams locate the F-35." please call the Base Defense Operations Center at 843-963-3600.

More at link.

Posts: 12730 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I've seen an F16 "disappear" on the Utah Test and Training Range. It made a big hole but none of the plane was visible. The ground was wet and it vanished into the mud.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
You would think they would have a data feed uplink of GPS to the moment of impact. Hell, my fucking Airpods tell me where they're at,.. incessantly.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
So its so 'stealth' that we can't even find it. Cool.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
$98,000,000 and they don't have any sort of tracking device on it?

Apple tags are $30

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15727 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Those things don't have an ELT?

Year V

Posts: 2633 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
You would think they would have a data feed uplink of GPS to the moment of impact. Hell, my fucking Airpods tell me where they're at,.. incessantly.

quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Apple tags are $30

LMAO!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That doesn’t even seem possible in this day and age with the ridiculous amount of technology available.

It’s actually embarrassing that they have a missing persons report to the general public about this.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I worked an F22 recovery once, it’s hard to find a crash in a forest without any fire. And no, they don’t have a real time GPS feed on these aircraft.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Apple tags are $30

Actually $22.50 each if you buy them in the 4-pack with military discount Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Brings the “Cornfield bomber” to mind.

‘The "Cornfield Bomber" is the nickname given to a Convair F-106 Delta Dart, operated by the 71st Fighter-Interceptor Squadron of the United States Air Force. In 1970, during a training exercise, it made an unpiloted landing in a farmer's field in Montana, suffering only minor damage, after the pilot had ejected from the aircraft. The aircraft, recovered and repaired, was returned to service, and is currently on display at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. …’ [I expect that the pilot was embarrassed]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornfield_Bomber

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8996 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is that its underwater.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First place I'm checking is some Lance Corporal's barracks.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8362 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The pilot, in a hurry to get the hell out, forgot to deactivate the cloaking device.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Some poor schmuck in maintenance control at VMFAT-501 getting his ass chewed by Gunny because they didn't install findmyplane in the iPlane app on the last 7/14/28 day inspection.

Posts: 2028 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seeing reports on Twitter saying the jet was on autopilot and "no evidence of a crash".

What?

Posts: 2197 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Ho Lee FuCk. More like the cordfield bomber ever minute. I still am challenged to believe that there's no data uplink. At least turned on in peacetime. Incredible. They're fucked. And if any of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of spies on our homeland find anything first...

Or maybe he sold it, and this is a ruse. Not meaning to throw a conspiracy theory. The simplest explanation is usually the true one. So I'm sure it's just that the government is so irresponsible that they didn't use any commonly available technology to know where the airplane is. And the pilot is so Confused that he just bailed out of an operable craft and let it rock on it's own way.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The location tells me it’s in the Atlantic somewhere, but I agree that it seems crazy they wouldn’t have some sort of locator device on it in this day and age.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Well, it is a Stealth plane. Kinda defeats the purpose if you have a locator on it.

Posts: 3390 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
Seeing reports on Twitter saying the jet was on autopilot and "no evidence of a crash".

What?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post