SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Indians Wuss Out
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indians Wuss Out Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
How about the Cleveland Woke Cowards

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Cleveland NoNads.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
My wife thought of the perfect name...

The Cleveland Steamers

https://www.urbandictionary.co...cleaveland%20steamer

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Does this mean the mascot is going to be changed out for this guy?

Imagine sitting in the stands and having him tap you on the shoulder.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
They didn't go with my first pick:

The Cleveland Windsors!

Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe they kept the name ‘Cleveland’.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bama beat me to it - just call yourselves "The Indians" and flush the rest.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
After the skins fell, so will the rest. Goodbye Braves, Chiefs, Blackhawks, and Seminoles.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's everywhere now.

I was in Branson, MO last weekend and noticed that Dolly had changed the name of her restaurant/show from, "The Dixie Stampede" to "The Stampede."

What we're seeing now is just the beginning. Sports at all levels are paving the way.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
After the skins fell, so will the rest. Goodbye Braves, Chiefs, Blackhawks, and Seminoles.

Chicago Blackhawks ownership has made it very clear that the name is staying - period. Now, if they get sold, that might be a different story.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That's part of the bigger issue and this slippery slope, when you think like they do EVERYTHING is offensive to someone, given enough time anyway.

Vikings is offensive to Scandinavians. Yankees is offensive to northerners. Cowboys is offensive to both Native Americans AND cows! (as are the Buffalo Bills)

Lions, Bears, Marlins, Bluejays, Dolphins, Orioles, Panthers, Tigers, Falcons, Cubs, Hawks, Bulls, Rams, Bengals, Sharks, Grizzlies, Bucks, Ducks, Bobcats, Ravens, Jaguars, Eagles, Cardinals, Penguins, Timberwolves, Diamondbacks and maybe even the Hornets all exploit animals!

Jets makes people think their airline of choice will keep hiring mediocre pilots and the flight attendants with keep dropping the drinks tray and the flight may never get where you want it to in your lifetime. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

Chicago Blackhawks ownership has made it very clear that the name is staying - period. Now, if they get sold, that might be a different story.

The Redskins said the same thing. Most emphatically.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story...ver-change-team-name

"We'll never change the name," Snyder told USA Today. "It's that simple. NEVER -- you can use caps."

"We will never change the name of the team," Snyder told the newspaper in an interview this week. "As a lifelong Redskins fan, and I think that the Redskins fans understand the great tradition and what it's all about and what it means, so we feel pretty fortunate to be just working on next season."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

The Redskins said the same thing. Most emphatically.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story...ver-change-team-name

"We'll never change the name," Snyder told USA Today. "It's that simple. NEVER -- you can use caps."

"We will never change the name of the team," Snyder told the newspaper in an interview this week. "As a lifelong Redskins fan, and I think that the Redskins fans understand the great tradition and what it's all about and what it means, so we feel pretty fortunate to be just working on next season."

The craziest part of it was George Floyd was the downfall of the skins. If that asshole had just gotten into the cruiser our world would be much better off. His drug use, counterfeiting, refusal to cooperate, and fighting with the police has caused more ripples in everyone's life than anybody of such little significance should ever have the power to do.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
My Asian Indian wife doesn’t get the “butthurt” need to change the name. She says have the team claim it’s really now an Asian Indian named team “Indians”, have them add naan, chicken tiki Marsala, and samosas to the menu at the food stands and call it done. Maybe draw in a new crowd at the same time glad for the recognition. I’m inclined to agree.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post