SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Indians Wuss Out
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indians Wuss Out Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just change the mascot slightly. Have him wear a dot, instead of a feather. Then you can keep the name. Could lead to a lucrative sponsorship from 7-11.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I am hoping they don’t do This to the Chiefs next. I get that native Americans are not Indians, but Chiefs are.....really sad times.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next are Chiefs and Braves

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
What about the Vikings? Are they going to change that name because of all us of Norse heritage? Roll Eyes

Fighting Irish? What about them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryanp225,

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Professional teams should be named after kitchen appliances.
Who can find the name Cleveland Toasters offensive?

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The Celtics? I am offended because I play fiddle in a Celtic band, and they can't pronounce the word correctly.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Need to cancel the Fighting Irish too. Not all of the Irish are mad....

This is so fucking stupid.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Atlanta Braves, FSU Seminoles will be next eventually.

Maybe all the animal mascots need to go also. They may be offended.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Assholes. Even Terry Francona is for it. And a lot of the players. He’ll, they don’t care, they seem politically correct and still get the big bucks. At least for now. Fuck em.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Well, the Braves had to ditch Chief Noc-A-Homa ages ago. They lost the smiling Brave in the logo back in the 80s. I guess the name is all that's left to "correct."

I think FSU is safe. The Seminoles' tribal council has approved the use of the Seminole mascot by FSU.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF a they are going to cave and change their name, They should resurrect an old timey Cleveland name the Spiders. Check Young pitched for the spiders for a few years. Only around for a decade or so, they had half a dozen future hall of famers come through their team

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I thought the Cubs waiting 108 years for another WS win was a record never to be broken.

The Indians will never win another WS.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "Cougars".

A Mascot name that might offend many 40-50 year old Divorced females.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
think FSU is safe. The Seminoles' tribal council has approved the use of the Seminole mascot by FSU.

Not sure what the native americans want is of importance in the cancel culture actions, it's mostly wealthy and middle class white folks that are offended for them....

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Well, the Braves had to ditch Chief Noc-A-Homa ages ago. They lost the smiling Brave in the logo back in the 80s. I guess the name is all that's left to "correct."

I think FSU is safe. The Seminoles' tribal council has approved the use of the Seminole mascot by FSU.

Doesn’t mean a thing. It’s what the PC cancel culture want. FSU and the Braves will end up changing. It’s already being discussed in Atlanta. One possible name is the Atlanta Hammers.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
One possible name is the Atlanta Hammers.

That is offensive to all Nails.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doesn’t mean a thing. It’s what the PC cancel culture want

That is what is causing the actions, the problem is that those of us who are not offended, don't speak up in mass, so its become an effective technique, bitch, point fingers, label the organization, press prints it, nobody complains except to each other, therefore the idea that its totally offensive becomes the truth, and the change goes through.

We've accepted cancel culture as the harbinger of truth that stands for everyone, since nobody ever stands against them...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Seen this coming from miles away. After the fiasco over the Redskins shitshow, every professional sports owner will look at being as "non-offensive" as possible, if only to not upset their revenue stream. It's ALWAYS going to be about the money, baby...
You're kidding right? I've been an Indians fan for over 50 years. I have tons of Chief Wahoo gear as well as regular Indians jerseys and hats. Sat in the stands at what is now Progressive Field for many years, and have followed the Indians to other team venues around the country as I traveled for work. Lawrence Dolan, the owner of the Indians, is a monumental POS like no other. When he killed Chief Wahoo, Indians fans revolted and it cost the team huge revenues and backlash from fans. Killing off the Indians name all together will cripple the team's revenue stream, and Dolan is about to reap a shit storm from fans he's too stupid to even grasp. As a MLB fan for over 50 years I can say without hesitation, Lawrence Dolan is the worst team owner in MLB history. How this man managed to get wealthy is a mystery to me, but he knows nothing about MLB and even less about the folks (like me) who have stuck with the Indians forever...but no more after this announcement.

Mr. Dolan, may you burn in hell for all eternity for what you've done to Cleveland Indian baseball.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I vote for the “Cleveland Pussies” with a pink cat shitting a rainbow as their new symbol.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All this political correctness leads me to the State of Oklahoma, aka’s = “Land of the Red Man.”
The Sooners = land grabbers, cheaters
Kansas = aka’s Jayhawks, Red Legs, Border Ruffians, Bleeding Kansas.
K.C. Chiefs
Chicago Blackhawks etc., etc. it will never end until someone yells, shut up!
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/etBoJJ0GZI8 [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post