SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thinking about a new vehicle.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about a new vehicle. Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Our fifth:

03 Corolla
12 Corolla
13 Tundra
19 Yaris
20 RAV4

Over the years, we've had many Toyotas:

1989 4x4
1994 Camry
2008 Scion tC
2008 Camry-it barely has 90k miles and my mom still drives it
2018 Highlander-still currently drive this as our family vehicle

We trust Toyotas.

Posts: 13126 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I don't understand the ins and outs of auto dealers. I can tell you the last two times I bought a car, they would not accept my cash offer but accepted the same offer if I financed the car.

That is because they get a cut/kickback of the profit from the financing. It only seems confusing if you don't realize that. They are selling car loans AND cars.

This is true, but if the loan has no early payment penalty you can finance through the dealer to get the price you want and then immediately pay the loan off.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Paul, congratulations. It’s a great car.
You didn’t get hosed. Toyota doesn’t have a lot of wiggle room, and because inventory is at an all time low, you did well.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4026 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul, how is that new Toyota working out for ya?

I'm just curious because I've been looking at a replacement for my Camry.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Just so you know I know...I caved.

It was one of the last two on the lot (unless they had more hidden elsewhere, which is entirely possible) and the last day of the 0/60, and he wouldn't wiggle on the price.

He may or may not have been fibbing about not having any more and was probably fibbing about having people lined up to buy them. He did "find" a $500 credit for being a veteran and the finance guy extended the 7/75 extended warranty out to 8/75 based on my low annual mileage. That was probably also smoke and mirrors.

Bottom line is I got what I wanted at a price I wasn't exactly thrilled about, but given the sticker, the price of the 2021's and (GASP!) the price of Highlanders, I was satisfied. He was probably rubbing his hooves together and giving with the Evil Chuckle as I drove off, but...

I would have walked out and called his bluff. If people are lined up to buy them why are they still on the lot? When I'm in the market for a car I figure out a price I want to pay thats fair to me and allows the dealership to make a profit. If I can't purchase the car for the price I want then I don't purchase the car. I have found that being patient, doing my homework will result in me getting the car I want for the price I want..
There are a lot of resources available online from Kelly blue book, edmunds, cargurus and several others that give you a good ballpark figure on a fair price to pay for a new/used car. Congratulations on the new vehicle.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been looking also. Wanted easy access. It seems all SUV's are narrow between the door pillar and steering wheel when entering/exiting.
Subaru Forester is best access

Posts: 1404 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post