SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Old is Old
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Old is Old Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Anyone who ordered albums/tapes from Columbia House for 1 penny is old as fuck.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been aware for some time of an interesting (to me) genetic health fact. My father, grandfather and great grandfather (all on my father's side) all died in their 68th year. Every one of them. Heart issues and prostate cancer. Seems like there was a genetic expiration date.

I am currently 71 and doing okay so I have managed to break the genetic curse. I became aware of this genetic fact in my 40s. So I decided I was going to work at breaking the genetic curse. Since my 40s I have followed 98% of the time an anti cancer diet with particular emphasis on foods that keep my PSA low. I think that helped. My last PSA was 1.0. I do have a pacemaker, but it's 100% an electrical issue. My cardiologist says the heart itself is fine. I have no restrictions at all and exersize regularly. Cardio 4-5 days a week and some light resistance strength training 3 days a week.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

Albums.

Guilty as charged.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just what came in a stream of consciousness:

1) Mentally old: when the mind is no longer willing; the body is more willing and capable than the mind's desire.

2) Physically old: when the body can't take anymore than a 5 year old can

3) Expensive: when the mind is willing but the body isn't capable

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:

Has anyone figured out how to get them to stop asking you to renew once you've subscribed? Ohhhh, it occurs to me now where the NRA got their business model.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an 8-Track in my first car.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

63 and still working a job that is physically active and fairly strenuous. (I don't plan to much longer.) I take no medications, although I do have a couple of issues that could stand to be. My siblings (two brothers, two sisters, all older than me) are in decent shape. My eldest brother had and beat lung cancer, and my eldest sister had a heart valve replaced.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Albums.

Guilty as charged.

8-track tapes for me. Seems like yesterday Flash.

quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Has anyone figured out how to get them to stop asking you to renew once you've subscribed? Ohhhh, it occurs to me now where the NRA got their business model.

Columbia House was like Hotel California.
"You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!" Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
had an 8-Track in my first car.

I have fond memories listening to Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass in my mother's Thunderbird.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Older than my teeth, younger than my tongue!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
posted May 17, 2022 04:45 PM

Nah, that ain't old. Old is when you bought used 78 rpm records from the local honky-tonk after they got "scratchy". Come to think of it, maybe even living next to a honky-tonk would make me old!

Posts: 1625 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post