SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Old is Old
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Old is Old Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
When young ladies open the door for you and when the grocery store clerks ask if you'd like some help carring things to your car.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I just thought they were interested in me.

Hey Gramps, I got news for you. When a sweet young thang smiles at you, it's not that she's interested in you, it's just that you remind her of her sweet dearly loved grandpa.
I prefer to think that she's trying to get to know me so she can see me nekkid.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think I like that explanation better.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
WHen a sneeze causes you to fart and you’re not 100% sure it was just a fart… Eek

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How young can you die of old age? Anyone know?

I think that if they give you the Senior Discount at Dunkin Donuts without you asking, you're old.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
When you're online and filling out some form or another and it asks for your birthdate and you have to spin the Year thing like Vannna White spinning the Wheel Of Fortune.

We have a current discussion going on tonight about what is the lowest price gas you've ever seen and the winning answer is 9 Cents Per Gallon. UGH!

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
With my years and years of tennis and hockey, I’m hoping to still be going strong until at least 75. Dad had a massive MI before he was even 60, but he was sharp as a tack until the end…almost made it to 78. Grandma was just short of 90 and mother is doing ok at 87. Hope my 3x bypass and continued activity keep me around that long.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 67 years old and I'm not the least bit old. Went to the gym yesterday and did 4 miles on the Elliptical in 35 minutes 53 seconds then 20 minutes doing upper body weight training and finished by walking a mile on the indoor track. For me that a light workout, usually start out with 5 miles on the elliptical but it was a Saturday and I had chores lined up for all day.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'll be 80 this year, I'm still active, in the wood shop most every day, I brew ( and drink ) my own beer, roast my own coffee beans and travel to art shows. My health is pretty good, nothing really major wrong, just a few maladies of age.

I enjoy life, everyday, all day, I don't do politics , I don't watch broadcast TV, I don't do things I don't want to do.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't stop playing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop playing!

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I’ll be 67 this week. Some days I feel old, some days not so much. While I used to wash the boat from top to boot stripe in about 10 hours in one stretch, now it takes me two sessions about 6 hours each. And I’m beat after both…

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Older than my parents.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
When everything going on just seems wrong. I was 75 in February and am still doing well. I am trying to divest myself of guns, but was given a M-12 Featherweight last month. I have ordered a new barrel for it and am looking forward to taking it to South Dakota in the Fall.

I am looking forward to warm weather so I can get back to the range with an assortment of Sigs, Colts, and Smiths.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s not the age but the mileage…

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once saw a cute young thing at the grocery store. I felt over the hill but the voices in my head spoke up and said- "Se could still go home with you".

When she turned around I said "You want to be adopted".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dove in to a cherry pie the other day that was five days past it "best by" date

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Old may be when you are checking out in a store that has a “senior discount” and you offer to show your ID.

Then the lovely young checkout girl pats you on the shoulder and says-

“Sir, that won’t be necessary…"

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Up until I was 66 I felt great, jogging, working out 3 times a week and always felt invigorated after a workout. Then it was like I hit a wall, I started feeling worse after a workout than before I in and I found that any type of physical activity was being rewarded with painful joints and muscles to the point that I am reluctant to do much of anything.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Fight that urge to be reluctant to do much of anything. Thats a path/trail you don't want to go down as a youngster of 66 (i'm 68). Get up and get active. Tylenol or a drink at the end of the day is better than stoving up with reduced activity. Cheers.

Posts: 1452 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post