SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Old is Old
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Old is Old Login/Join 
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
....when I was on the "front nine".

What a great line!!!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 1999 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m old. Anyone older than I is frickin old.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
How Old is Old

When I'm 6 feet under.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Groucho Marx said it best:

“You’re only as old as the women you feel.”

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
When I turned 48 years old in 2020 it bothered me, the first birthday to ever do so. I will turn 50 the summer.

I am active, exercising nearly every single day. I road bike 100 miles week, I lift weights twice per week, I do hot yoga once per week. My weight is as low as it was back in my mid-late 20's. Physically I feel great.

But mentally there is something slightly unnerving knowing that I have more years behind me than ahead of me.

It also doesn't help that my step father died at 55 from brain cancer. My mother in law died at 58 from abdominal cancer. And my father died at 61 from lung cancer. Now that I am getting close to those ages, I think about that often.

So while I do not physically feel old, I know that I kinda am.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Still a bit shocked to find I
share the same age as a LOT
of actual old people...

I was born at the time the cylinder fins
on the Enola Gay were still barely
cooling down

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Groucho Marx said it best:

“You’re only as old as the women you feel.”

I resemble that remark.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
When young ladies open the door for you and when the grocery store clerks ask if you'd like some help carring things to your car.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I was old 5 years ago.
Since I turned 40 I've been working on being as healthy and fit as I can and have since gotten back into competitive shooting, endurocross, and a couple other hobbies from my 20's.
I'll be old again when I'm no longer physically able to enjoy the things I love.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When young ladies open the door for you and when the grocery store clerks ask if you'd like some help carring things to your car.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I just thought they were interested in me.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know you're getting pretty old when women half your age are pretty old.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I plead the 5th! Big Grin

This year I turn 75 Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
minimum of one year older then I am at the time the question is asked.
similar but for me it's 5 years older than me

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Definitely a moving target. There was a time when I couldn't imagine being 40.

I'm 71 and while scampering up a ladder with a bundle of shingles on my shoulder is no longer an option, I'm generally healthy and able to do a day's work.

My oldest brother is 87 and pretty much fits the same description.

I suspect that's due to modern medicine, staying active both physically and mentally and a reasonable (but not fanatically so) lifestyle.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I remember a conversation with my cardiology attending when I was a fellow at St. Paul Ramsey Hospital. It concerned what to do about a 78-year old woman who had suffered a heart attack. I remember saying "78 is pretty old" and the attending (who was about my age) agreeing.

In the course of my cardiology career, 78 went from being too old for cardiac bypass surgery to being on the young side for a valve replacement. The oldest patient I ever referred for valve replacement was 94; but that's because he was getting married soon; and besides he was built like a tank. He had been a gymnast, and was the guy in the circus who was shot out of a cannon.

Anyway, what we have seen is a major extension not only of life, but of healthy life--but that is extremely variable. If you abused your body with smoking and booze, got massively obese, and also I must add if you did manual labor, then you are likely to have major medical problems at my current age of 77. What I have is the usual old age complaints--gout, kidney stones, add in a little bladder cancer and a bad back. But mentally I am pretty good except for not remembering names. I feel old the day after we take care of the grandkids, but pretty darn young when wrestling with them.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
My age here is 73yrs young. Recently was visiting a friend who lived in a senior living setting and was introduced to a young lady resident whos age was presented at 106yrs old....Sure did not look like it and was almost as mobile as myself and friend who I was visiting.......................................................................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Everybody's opinion will differ ...

... for myself, old is when dirt was invented.

Or ...

How Old is Old ...

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
When I'm watching a movie with Mrs. BB61 and she points out that I'm old enough to be the father of the charming female star.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
When I'm watching a movie with Mrs. BB61 and she points out that I'm old enough to be the father of the charming female star.

... even Lana Turner ?

Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Everybody keeps telling me to act my age.

But I don't know how to as I've never been this old before.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post