SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone experiencing LONG COVID symptoms ???????????>>>>>>>>>>>
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone experiencing LONG COVID symptoms ???????????>>>>>>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So I went back to my doc and told her I still have this chronic long covid cough. She prescribed me an albuterol inhaler that seems to help and also asked me to use Zyrtec to rule out post nasal drip and to get a chest Xray to make sure. I tried the zyrtec for a few days and stopped since it did not seem like it is helping. I got the chest X-ray and for the results as normal. I speaking with some of the Xray techs and they said they get a lot of the long covid coughs that does not show up in the Xray. I will see what my doc wants to do next. God Bless !!!

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
My 12 year old son reports he still can't really smell or taste anything. I'm sure he's had several rounds of chinaflu. I think my sense of smell and taste is diminished but not gone. My wife thinks her tinitis is a long term chinaflu symptom sticking around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It took my sense of smell and taste about 3 months to come back. God Bless !!!

quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
My 12 year old son reports he still can't really smell or taste anything. I'm sure he's had several rounds of chinaflu. I think my sense of smell and taste is diminished but not gone. My wife thinks her tinitis is a long term chinaflu symptom sticking around.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Covid early on. Sick for a couple of weeks and then got better. Lost my sense of smell and taste. Lost 18# without trying.
Last summer, my wife and I were driving on the edge of our small town, and I commented that I vaguely smelled something but couldn't tell what it was that I was smelling.
She rolled her eyes and rather sarcastically stated that it was a skunk and how could I not recognize that ??
I'm slowly getting better. I can now identify some smells....

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
my onset was in April of a year ago with symptoms creeping in over about 4 months. Among the lingering effects is smell, I couldn't smell shit if I had it in my mustache. Taste is returning slowly, and I kid thee not, one of the first tastes to come back was Jack Daniels.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post