Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
Member![]() |
My Mobil now $6.32. | |||
|
| Member |
And it seems we’ve hit $7.50 around here. Yee haw. "Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book | |||
|
| Member |
Sam's Club $5.85 / $7.84 for diesel Costco $6.05 | |||
|
| Lawyers, Guns and Money |
Ouch! California is a beautiful place... but I wouldn't want to have to fill my tank there. It's mostly around $4.09 here but a bit south I can find it for $3.69 "Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown "The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth." -rduckwor | |||
|
| His diet consists of black coffee, and sarcasm. ![]() |
If California prices were taken out of play, the national average would be much lower than the current $4.41.This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore, | |||
|
Drill Here, Drill Now![]() |
When I worked in California 2002 to 2005, there were 22 refineries at the beginning and 21 by the time I left. Today, there are 12 refineries. California wasn't just a refiner for itself as historically it has been an exporter to Arizona and Nevada. Way too many CA residents believe in NIMBY and don't want emissions from something that benefits someone else. The CA politicians and Newscum bragged as last two refineries (one in LA suburb and one in San Francisco suburb) closed in the last 2 years. Old landlocked refineries surrounded by neighborhoods (there are safe distances for setbacks of new processing equipment to the public) and having to participate in a cap & trade emissions scheme and the final nail in the coffin occurred as the State passed minimum gasoline inventory laws (i.e. the government telling a private business how much inventory they need to keep in their "store"). CA always had lower days of inventory than rest of country because of the temperate climate is almost always conducive to logistics. Stanford, the environmentalists, politicians, etc. argue that they didn't need the refineries and can manage on imported gasoline. Doesn't work when there is a global disruption in crude oil (e.g. Strait of Hormuz) and global disruption in gasoline and diesel (e.g. Ukrainians drones striking Russian refineries on average once every 6 days in 2026). Now, they get to bid against Europe because the Europeans are also not self-sufficient and depended on Russian diesel. Oil and Gas industry argues that you can't run a long-term business in an environment with constantly changing regulations requiring capital investment and producing a boutique fuel (i.e. CARBOB gasoline and CARB diesel different than rest of US). On top of that, politicians have done things like pass regulations that can only be met following one company's patent and require the other refineries in state to pay licensing fees to their competitor (e.g. the original mandate that put removed MTBE and put ethanol in CA's boutique gasoline required paying Unocal for their technology). Speaking of Stanford, here is a nice piece of drivel written by them in 2025 : Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer. | |||
|
| Member |
A pathetic silver-lining to all of this is Chase's Freedom Flex card was offering 5% cash back during Q3 (Jul-Sept) on gas purchases, while filling-up sucked there was a sliver of benefit. | |||
|
| Sigforum K9 handler |
It’s the perfect scam. No one is at fault. The oil companies rake in billions. They blame politicians. The same oil companies lobby (with money) the politician's they blame. The politicians cash the checks and blame the greedy oil companies. Win win. Remember it’s not “technically” gouging so it’s ok. And if you say anything about it, you are just too angry to get understand. Up next, we are going to hear that the oil companies WOULD NEVER lobby politicians using cash through campaign contributions, or infusing NGOs, foundations, and other forms of political money laundering. N E V E R! ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
| Member |
$4.30 in my area. | |||
|
| Member |
I paid 5.89 for 87 on Thursday at the off brand place I use. I saw a Shell station yesterday advertising premium at 6.79. Geez. I can’t seem to find the like button for jljones’ post… | |||
|
| Member |
Just paid $4.19. Still not happy. “I'm fat because every time I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”. Is committed to helping increasing carbon emissions. | |||
|
32nd degree![]() |
$4.49 at all three stations in my town. ___________________ "the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back" Al Swearengen | |||
|
| Partial dichotomy |
| |||
|
For real?![]() |
Ohio suspended state taxes on gasoline today. Paid $4.599 for premium at Shell an hour ago. Doesn't matter the cost, I always buy premium from Shell. If Shell isn't near me, then I'll locate a top tier station to get premium. My cars need it. I've tried midgrade and the performance drop and mileage drop are not worth it. Not minority enough! | |||
|
| Raised Hands Surround Us Three Nails To Protect Us |
Nope. Luckily have a Marathon pretty much across the street from Sam’s and they stay pretty close to Sam’s Price. We’re down about a few cents. Thankfully not paid over $4 yet. Down to $3.75 today ———————————————— The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad. If we got each other, and that's all we have. I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand. You should know I'll be there for you! | |||
|
Drill Here, Drill Now![]() |
+1 3 exits to my neighborhood, and on the way out go past 4 top-tier stations and 1 station with generic additive (aka minimum gov't std). I could drive an extra block out of my way to two additional stations with generic additive. Also, top tier station is closest one to my office. My truck was manufactured in March 2016, runs like a top, and doesn't cost me any money besides fluids and normal Nissan non-gasoline related flaws (e.g. it eats batteries in less than 30 months). No way I'm saving $0.06 per gallon and jeopardizing that. Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer. | |||
|
| As Extraordinary as Everyone Else |
I haven’t needed to drive my 6.7 Powerstroke for a while but had to fill up yesterday…$6.16/ gal. The last time I filled it up diesel was about a buck less. ------------------ Eddie Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina | |||
|
| Cogito Ergo Sum |
Yesterday paid $5.49 for premium at Shell. Haven't filled my diesel pickup since June. Cutting back on the RV trips cause of fuel costs. Looks like I'll be cutting back on all traveling for a bit. Wonder if it will ever go down or is this the new standard? | |||
|
| Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming up stream ![]() |
Despite the negativity I’m in EV bliss currently. Haven’t been to a gas station in 3.5 years. ----------------------------------- Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away Sig P-229 Sig P-220 Combat | |||
|
| I Am The Walrus |
Nope. My Honda is a 1.5 turbo direct injection. I will only use top tier in it. Costco is where I get my gas, they're generally 20-30 cents cheaper per gallon and they're top tier. _____________ | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

