SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston: Texas couple become first in nation charged under bump-stock ban
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston: Texas couple become first in nation charged under bump-stock ban Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Why the fuck does someone need a grenade launcher on a road trip?

Have you ever driven thru Boston?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
So you have to surrender your bump stocks to the local police and you are out any money that you paid for them even though at the time you bought them legally? If they are going to enforce you to surrender they should be forced to pay you for it.

You don't have to surrender it. You have to transfer it. You can sell it out of state. No takings clause issue here.

Posts: 6065 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I understand that there were a lot of boat accidents with loss of personal property in MA.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2411 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Maybe I don't get out as much as I should, but how does someone get all that stuff into their hotel room without someone taking notice?

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2095 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
Maybe I don't get out as much as I should, but how does someone get all that stuff into their hotel room without someone taking notice?
Car backed up to the motel door, nobody would notice.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
So you have to surrender your bump stocks to the local police and you are out any money that you paid for them even though at the time you bought them legally? If they are going to enforce you to surrender they should be forced to pay you for it.

You don't have to surrender it. You have to transfer it. You can sell it out of state. No takings clause issue here.

That is not correct. I didn’t post page 2 of the enforcement letter but our only legal choice was to surrender to police. More interesting is if it wasn’t turned in by the deadline (February 1st I think it was) there isn’t really any legal option.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:
“A Tewksbury dispatcher received a call from Bradley where he allegedly stated that he believed his hotel room was being broken into because a video surveillance device that he had attached to his door had cut out,” prosecutors said in a press release. “The defendant allegedly expressed concerns that he was not in Tewksbury and that inside the room was a firearm that was unsecured.”

Who installs their own security in a hotel room. That seems odd.

The Vegas shooter...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
Car backed up to the motel door, nobody would notice.

The OP says hotel and now I read motel in another post. I can understand a motel being easy.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2095 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so are we guessing that the maid went in to clean ?
then spotted the vast array and decided to drop a dime?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54712 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post