SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It costs nothing extra to be kind to people.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It costs nothing extra to be kind to people. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
More troubling, it's quite possible many of the posts you saw were bots. Seeded and released for some nefarious purpose. To drive apart allies perhaps?

Thank you for that reminder.
I have been reading a lot about the cyber war being waged against the US and rest of the West by our enemies, primarily the Russians and Chinese, and yet your observation is something I have not really started to think about and keep in mind about so many things these days.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47415 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Be nice, for everyone you meet is fighting a terrible battle.
-Plato

Posts: 6407 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
So many have been spun into a war-like state over the issues. And as we've seen here so many times; often everything is seen through a political lens. It's sad.

I truly believe that the AI behind social media feed curation drives this divide. More troubling, it's quite possible many of the posts you saw were bots. Seeded and released for some nefarious purpose. To drive apart allies perhaps? Or perhaps, it's just the worst in us, trained like an athlete to pounce.

I believe this is true. Which is why I am fascinated by whatever comes out of Elon Musk and Twitter. That could really shine some light on how bad it actually is.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I have always tried to live with the simple belief that manners and kindness are free. Your skin color, economic status, age, pronoun, occupation or sexual preference have no bearing on your ability to be kind and polite to people.

Most people forget that.

Posts: 4087 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday at the eye surgeons.

I was waiting in the parking lot when a lady older than me walked out wearing those giant
Sunglasses.

She waited 4 minutes while searching the lot,
Another
For minutes went by while she attempted to call on the cell.

Finally i walked over to her and asked if she needed help.

She had me call her son on my phone.

He was 12 spaces away.

She was grateful.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice gesture on your part!

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post